Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby Xtreme » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:44 pm

It refreshes every second and it cant load. Help.
Xtreme
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby Joe_H » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Welcome to the folding support forum.

First, could you clarify whether you are asking about the Web Control which is used to setup and control the desktop client or the web page that the NaCl Chrome client runs in.
Image

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: W. MA

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby Xtreme » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Joe_H wrote:Welcome to the folding support forum.

First, could you clarify whether you are asking about the Web Control which is used to setup and control the desktop client or the web page that the NaCl Chrome client runs in.


web control to control the desktop client

i also want to have the client start at startup
Xtreme
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:51 pm

A "normal" installation of the Client will start automatically at boot time -- but I've encountered quite a few abnormal installations.

You didn't post a log, but I'm going to assume you're running Windows10.
Did you install "just for me" or "for everyone"?
What security software are you running?
bruce
 
Posts: 21546
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: So. Cal.

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby Xtreme » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:57 pm

bruce wrote:A "normal" installation of the Client will start automatically at boot time -- but I've encountered quite a few abnormal installations.

You didn't post a log, but I'm going to assume you're running Windows10.


There was a choice between starting to fold on login or startup or manually and i chose on login but now i want it on startup
Xtreme
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby pythonjosh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 am

Same thing happens to me. To resolve (temporarily) in Chrome, hit F12 (show developer tools) then right click on the reload button and hit Empty cache and hard reload.
This is NOT a fix, it'll happen again soon after leaving the client stale.
pythonjosh
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:54 am

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby relbourn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 pm

pythonjosh wrote:Same thing happens to me. To resolve (temporarily) in Chrome, hit F12 (show developer tools) then right click on the reload button and hit Empty cache and hard reload.
This is NOT a fix, it'll happen again soon after leaving the client stale.

this happens to me also and this workaround also works
relbourn
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby James_Lang » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks pythonjosh. Your solution "works" for me in Chrome. Hope they're able to fix this bug soon. Another workaround I've found is to use Microsoft Edge - GASP, Noooooooo!
James_Lang
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:36 am

Re: Web Control keeps refreshing before it even loads

Postby bruce » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Unfortunately FAH can't do anything about bugs in Chrome. Have you discussed the problem on a Chrome/Google support site?
bruce
 
Posts: 21546
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: So. Cal.


Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron