Is my GPU folding correctly?

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Is my GPU folding correctly?

Postby hcw » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Few things which are confusing:

GPU:0 - Is this correct or is this indicating it isn't using any cores?
Task Manager vs MSI Afterburner - The former indicates 3% utilization, whereas the latter indicates 97% utilization. Which do I believe?

I'd like to fold as much as my system allows, not sure if it is correctly configured at the moment though.

Thanks!
hcw

Re: Is my GPU folding correctly?

Postby rwh202 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Looks good to me.

The GPU monitoring in Windows task manager is new and immature and not worth using just yet - Trust afterburner or cpuid HWmonitor as an alternative

gpu:0 is just the first GPU (zero indexing), not the number of cores. If you added another, it would be gpu:1, so nothing to worry about.

Edit: just spotted that your estimated credit = base credit. Do you have a passkey set? Doing so will get you 'bonus points' for quick return above and beyond the base credit.
rwh202

Postby bruce » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:57 pm

The fact that FAH reports the GPU is running, has completed 6.1% and that WU has an expected completion time of 6h43m means it is configured correctly and the science is progressing as expected. (Bottom line, middle panel plus additional information in the right panel.)

Adding a passkey and completing 10 WUs as rwh202 suggests will add bonus points but won't change the science you're completing.
bruce

Postby hcw » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:43 am

Thank you.

I have also set a passkey now, cheers
hcw

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X