Can I still download 7.4.4-1 for Linux (RPM)?

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Can I still download 7.4.4-1 for Linux (RPM)?

Postby pwavery » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:04 pm

There used to be a page showing links for older software versions but I am having a problem finding it.

Thanks...

Peter
pwavery

Re: Can I still download 7.4.4-1 for Linux (RPM)?

Postby Joe_H » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Is there a particular reason you want the older version? It has been deprecated for a number of reasons, among which are links that are no longer active. Most links have redirects in place, but they can sometimes not work or cause other problems. Otherwise the older client mostly works for now.

As for a specific page, with the move from the stanford.edu website I don't see one on foldingathome.org. However the bottom of the page for the Public Beta testing of the client does have a link to the download directories for the older versions - https://foldingathome.org/beta/ & https://download.foldingathome.org/releases/.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby pwavery » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 am

Joe:

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted 7.4.4 since I am running OpenSuse Leap 15.0, and the FAH client version 7.5.1 requires libssl.so.10 which is apparently not included in the Leap 15 distro. 7.4.4 does work fine on this Linux version. I did not see the rpm version of 7.4.4 in the links you showed me, but after some searching I did find a 7.4.4 installer in the downloads directory of one of my other PCs, so I am good for now.

Thanks again...

Peter
pwavery

Postby bruce » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:02 am

Technically speaking, FAH does not support Suse Linux -- which is not to say that you won't be able to find a way to make V7.5 work on it ... just that you're on your own to find what it takes to do it.

I'm glad you found one solution -- There's really nothing wrong with continuing to use V7.4.4.

In the future, you might consider installing libssl.so.10 or upgrading to a distro that already supports it.
bruce

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)