Web control keeps reloading with no configuration

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Web control keeps reloading with no configuration

Postby Stephenish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am

Hmm, the gpu wus seem to be using more resources. I set the gpu 1 to "idle true" in configuration, so I can actually use my computer without experiencing massive slow downs and the consistent not responding state of many programs. Then I check back after about half an hour of screen saver, and no progress has occurred on the gpu 1 wu. What constitutes the idle state for F@H?
Stephenish

Postby bruce » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 pm

You can run a screensaver. Your OS has internal flag that indicates when it's idle which is detected by a screensaver, telling it when to start.

FAH detects the same flag.

You don't actually need to run the screensaver, but it can be used to evaluate whether the OS has set the idle flag.
bruce

Postby bruce » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 pm

WebControl is a different issue. I suspect that that your security software is preventing WebControl ffom working.

* Disconnect from the internet (so you don't need security software)
* Disable your security software.
* Confirm that WebControl works.
* If not, try a different browser. (which may contain security software, too)
* Once you make WebControl work, figure out how to reconfigure your security software so that it doesn't block the connection to 127.0.0.1:7396 while still protecting you from unsavory things on the internet that you might encounter.
bruce

Postby Stephenish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Well, I can load web control just fine in Mozilla Firefox, but the idle switch still doesn't work properly. The gpu 1 wu made no progress overnight.
To be honest, Windows Defender is the only AV on this machine. That's integrated.
Last edited by Stephenish on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephenish

Postby Stephenish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Here's the log for slot 1. The computer was definitely idle over night.
******************************* Date: 2017-07-17 *******************************
******************************* Date: 2017-07-18 *******************************
******************************* Date: 2017-07-18 *******************************
Stephenish

Postby Stephenish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:36 pm

I solved the Chrome bug by deleting cookies and cache from the last week.
Stephenish

Postby bruce » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:33 am

Stephenish wrote:Well, I can load web control just fine in Mozilla Firefox, but the idle switch still doesn't work properly. The gpu 1 wu made no progress overnight.
To be honest, Windows Defender is the only AV on this machine. That's integrated.

Two different issues. Which one are you trying to solve at the moment?

Reconfigure your video to run a screensaver. How long does it take before you see the screensaver?
Fix that problem first. That's something in your system unrelated to FAH.

You can remove the screensaver setting once you get it to work.

Then post the log for GPU 1.
bruce

Postby Stephenish » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:32 pm

The screensaver IS working and has been working since the disk repair. However, on idle F@H is not folding when the idle switch is set.

New log of slot 1:
******************************* Date: 2017-07-20 *******************************
******************************* Date: 2017-07-20 *******************************

The screensaver comes on after ten minutes at idle.
Stephenish

Postby bruce » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:48 pm

I guess you'll have to remove the pause setting and manually pause that slot when you want to use the computer, unpausing it when you're finished.

Also I would disable the screensaver. (Set "black screen" instead or simply turn off the monitor.) Some screensavers use a lot of GPU resources.
bruce

Postby mRsquid » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:10 am

This might help:
I had the same problem where the web control page would continually reload with out signing in.
The way i found to fix the problem was to open the 'FAHWebClient'/(web control) in another browser after re-installing.
I was using Chrome and switched to Firefox.
mRsquid

Previous

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)