Search user statistics by passkey ... possible?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Search user statistics by passkey ... possible?

Postby wuffy68 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 pm

If I start folding for multiple teams using different names, but using the same passkey, is there a simple way to get my overall statistics based on my passkey alone? In other words, I'd like a list of teams, usernames and contributions associated only with work completed using my passkey.

Thanks in advance FoldingForum community.
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
wuffy68

Re: Search user statistics by passkey ... possible?

Postby rwh202 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 am

On the old stats page you used to be able to search by passkey - I'm not seeing that option anymore.
If you put your user name and passkey in the naCl client, it shows total points earned by the username OR passkey, so will give you a total earned by the passkey, but not a breakdown of where.
rwh202

Postby wuffy68 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:47 am

rwh202 wrote:On the old stats page you used to be able to search by passkey - I'm not seeing that option anymore.

Yup, I remember that, although I never used it at the time (figured it was redundant), but now that it's gone, I miss it :-)

Edit: In hindsight, this could be a good thing from a security perspective, however it could be limited to a small number of queries per day/per IP or some other mechanism. I would still like to have this feature back, it would make gathering stats from multiple accounts less tedious.
wuffy68

Postby Yavanius » Mon May 07, 2018 4:05 am

Was looking for the same thing and found it after a bit of digging. Hopefully this will help some others looking for it:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... =userstats
Yavanius

Postby Joe_H » Mon May 07, 2018 6:17 am

Yavanius wrote:Was looking for the same thing and found it after a bit of digging. Hopefully this will help some others looking for it:

Yes, parts of the old stats web pages are still accessible, but no guarantee on how long that will be the case.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby foldy » Mon May 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Can it be moved to the new location foldingathome.org?
foldy

Postby Yavanius » Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Joe_H wrote:
Yavanius wrote:Was looking for the same thing and found it after a bit of digging. Hopefully this will help some others looking for it:

Yes, parts of the old stats web pages are still accessible, but no guarantee on how long that will be the case.

I don't understand?

That's where the stats go when you click on your name in the client...

I see there's fah-web2 on the user / team links (Pande team really needs to clean up all the servers), but it's still (sofar as I can tell topwise) the same script, just a different server.
Yavanius

Postby Joe_H » Sat May 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Yes, the client links go there, but they are links that are several years old. The fah-web and fah-web2 server addresses are to the older front end stats servers and still function for now. But services from them have been mostly moved to folding.stanford.edu, and eventually these two addresses will go away or be redirected. Most other links to them have already been redirected. The new public beta clients are getting updated addresses.

In summary, yes some of the links in the older client releases still work, but others currently do not. Eventually the older client will still be able to get and return WU's, but the other links may not work at all.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun May 13, 2018 10:06 am

foldy wrote:Can it be moved to the new location foldingathome.org?

Hopefully, yes, but I'm not going to guarantee it. There have been some changes to the underlying database and it's not really clear what's planned (or when).
bruce

Postby Yavanius » Mon May 14, 2018 5:57 am

Joe_H wrote:Yes, the client links go there, but they are links that are several years old. The fah-web and fah-web2 server addresses are to the older front end stats servers and still function for now. But services from them have been mostly moved to folding.stanford.edu, and eventually these two addresses will go away or be redirected. Most other links to them have already been redirected. The new public beta clients are getting updated addresses.

In summary, yes some of the links in the older client releases still work, but others currently do not. Eventually the older client will still be able to get and return WU's, but the other links may not work at all.

That's actually the current (non-beta) client. (Incidentally, do you get notified like on BOINC if there's a newer client??).

I realized the 'folding' is the newest after I posted. It gets to be a bit much tracking all the servers and hunting down the proper links for deprecated pages on the older domains. I'm thinking I just might go through and figure it all out and pass the right locations to whomever is handling it or can relay it on. For new folks that aren't techie-savie, it's gonna scare them off...
Yavanius

Postby toTOW » Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Yavanius wrote:Incidentally, do you get notified like on BOINC if there's a newer client??

No ...
Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.

FAH-Addict : latest news, tests and reviews about Folding@Home project.

toTOW
Site Moderator

Postby bruce » Sat May 19, 2018 4:11 pm

(It has been many, many years since I used BOINC.) Do they send you an email, write something in a log, or something else?

FAH doesn't really write messages to the console and they don't really keep track of your email.

Release notices have been posted in the news blog http://folding.stanford.edu/news/ but updates are very rare and they've always done a good job of supporting old version(s). A new FAHClient may solve some installation issues, etc. but it won't change performance (PPD) in any appreciable way.

Performance depends mostly on your hardware, the logic used by the Assignment Servers, and to a much lesser degree, the FAHCore being used. FAHCores are updated automatically.
bruce

Postby toTOW » Sun May 20, 2018 10:29 am

bruce wrote:(It has been many, many years since I used BOINC.) Do they send you an email, write something in a log, or something else?

You get a notification in BOINC Event log ... or in Notifications tab in most recent versions.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Postby Yavanius » Mon May 21, 2018 4:49 am

toTOW wrote:
bruce wrote:(It has been many, many years since I used BOINC.) Do they send you an email, write something in a log, or something else?

You get a notification in BOINC Event log ... or in Notifications tab in most recent versions.

BOINC notifies you in Notification which is mainly News from the Projects but also sometimes info from the client, such as a new client. It has done notifications of new client versions for a few years at least. You still have to manually download the new client. I think I saw talk one time of some kind of auto-upgrade (like a browser does) but doesn't seem to be a high priority. Generally, there's no requirement to upgrade to a new version (except occasionally sometime it's strongly recommended to download a new version that fixes a major issue). Similar to Folding@home, really old clients aren't supported. However, some projects may have their own minimum version requirement due to the BOINC server version they are running.

BOINC itself doesn't track your e-mail unless you register for the BOINC site (which is mainly just to post in the forums).

I was just curious how a user would know there is a new client unless they were actively checking (or saw it on a forum or as part of a team).
Yavanius

Postby bruce » Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 am

As I said before, it will be announced in http://folding.stanford.edu/news/ but it will also be announced here.
bruce

Next

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)