Search user statistics by passkey ... possible?

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Search user statistics by passkey ... possible?

Postby SteveWillis » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:21 am

I went to the link posted above and apparently you can no longer get stats by passkey. That's really too bad as I happen to need that now. Why take away existing functionality?

1080 and 1080TI GPUs on Linux Mint
SteveWillis

Postby bruce » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:11 am

I can't answer "why?"

It disappeared when the code behind the page was rewritten but I've been told it will come back. Unfortunately I don't know when that might happen.
bruce

Postby SteveWillis » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks Bruce
I finally found where I could get the information I was looking for by entering in a browser
Code: Select all
https://stats.foldingathome.org/api/donors?passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SteveWillis

Postby Yavanius » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:21 pm

At this point it appears the functionality for Passkey has been removed. If you try searching using that link with any of the search parameters here: https://stats.foldingathome.org/api

You get a JSON page instead of the web page. The search functionality doesn't appear to recognize Passkey as a valid search term. If you search by name you see positive results though...

I was just realizing somehow I got a new PassKey when I changed my id in the past. I was trying to figure out when this happened as it wasn't on my list of ids (due to back in the day when Folding just used the user id). I have a separate e-mail for my current passkey.

Yav
Yavanius

Postby MeeLee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm

There is a little bug indeed.
You can still try:
Code: Select all
https://stats.foldingathome.org/cpu?passkey=***************************

But whatever username is linked to the account, will also show the same username linked to other passkeys.
MeeLee

Postby Yavanius » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 am

Thanks MeeLee for the alternate link. Apparently Stanford still hasn't finished revamping the website. Probably don't have a dedicated person for it to sieve through all the pages and links.
Yavanius

Postby Yavanius » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:21 am

I have no idea how I got a new passkey. My current 'name' is linked with the old CPID so I wonder if somehow I accidentally generated a new CPID on an install or reinstall...
Yavanius

Postby Joe_H » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:29 am

Yavanius wrote:Thanks MeeLee for the alternate link. Apparently Stanford still hasn't finished revamping the website. Probably don't have a dedicated person for it to sieve through all the pages and links.

Most of F@h is no longer run from Stanford with the graduation of Dr. Pande's students. And yes, the website does not yet have a dedicated person or group to handle getting everything updated.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby MeeLee » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Yavanius wrote:I have no idea how I got a new passkey. My current 'name' is linked with the old CPID so I wonder if somehow I accidentally generated a new CPID on an install or reinstall...

sometimes mistyping 1 or more digits, will make you fold under a different user, though having the same user name.
one username can have multiple passkeys.
Your passkey is your only real ID on FAH.
MeeLee

Previous

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)