Signature invalid [OS X]

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Signature invalid [OS X]

Postby mathman2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm

I wanted to install FAH on a new drive OSX 10.12 and got the "cannot install" message. First time ever in 36 years of computing.
Anyway, looking at the package contents I see the following:

Signature invalid: the operation couldn't be completed. (CSXARArchiveErrorDomain error 7.)

Elsewhere I saw that the signature was out of date..

Help. Keith
mathman2

Re: Signature invalid

Postby Joe_H » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:54 pm

With the out of date digital signature, the default security settings block installation. You should be able to turn off that setting to allow the client to install.

To do so, open the Security & Privacy control panel in System Preferences. Under the General tab change the "Allow apps" setting to "Anywhere". You will need an admin account to unlock the control panel to do this. Install the folding client. Afterwards I would recommend putting the setting back to either "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers" and lock the panel again.

This should work for Sierra, I don't have any of my Mac's on it yet to test.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Re: Signature invalid [OS X]

Postby calxalot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 pm

If you're using macOS 10.12 or later, you should be using FAH 7.4.16, even though it's beta.
calxalot

Re: Signature invalid

Postby mathman2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Joe_H wrote:With the out of date digital signature, the default security settings block installation. You should be able to turn off that setting to allow the client to install.

To do so, open the Security & Privacy control panel in System Preferences. Under the General tab change the "Allow apps" setting to "Anywhere". You will need an admin account to unlock the control panel to do this. Install the folding client. Afterwards I would recommend putting the setting back to either "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers" and lock the panel again.

This should work for Sierra, I don't have any of my Mac's on it yet to test.

I have been booting off of an external SSD but it is going bad..ie. computer reboots more and more frequently so now I have booted off of the internal drive with no rebooting. It has Sierra.
I thought of your suggestion immediately but found that I only have two options in the security panel, App store and App store and qualified developers. I thought sierra had the third as you suggested but it is not there.
Also another weird thing missing is Show pkg contents . I had to get a third part software to open and see inside the package and find that the Signature was the problem in not being able to install FAH.
mathman2

Postby Joe_H » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 pm

I did a little searching, there is a way to re-enable the Anywhere setting in Security & Privacy using Terminal. A guide on how was posted here - http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-ap ... atekeeper/.

Another bookmark for me to keep for when I get to installing Sierra.

Or you can follow calxalot's suggestion to use the public beta, 7.4.16. He is one of the developers for folding and helps out with the OS X version.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby mathman2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:59 am

Joe_H wrote:I did a little searching, there is a way to re-enable the Anywhere setting in Security & Privacy using Terminal. A guide on how was posted here - http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-ap ... atekeeper/.

Another bookmark for me to keep for when I get to installing Sierra.

Or you can follow calxalot's suggestion to use the public beta, 7.4.16. He is one of the developers for folding and helps out with the OS X version.

Thanks!
I "fixed" Sierra so that I could install from any developer and tried again..Still the same problem. I upgraded to High sierra and downloaded the beta 7.4.16 and still get the same problem. arg
I used Pacifist to open the package:

package does not request authentication
Signature invalid: the operation couldn’t be completed. (CSXARArchiveErrorDomain error 7.

I miss folding..advice is appreciated
mathman2

Postby calxalot » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 am

Sorry, I'm unable to reproduce this problem.
I just installed 7.4.16 without trouble on a mac mini 2010, macOS 10.13.2.
The installer says the signature is valid, since the pkg was signed before the cert expired.
I'm using allow apps from mac app store and identified developers.
calxalot

Postby mathman2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:28 pm

calxalot wrote:Sorry, I'm unable to reproduce this problem.
I just installed 7.4.16 without trouble on a mac mini 2010, macOS 10.13.2.
The installer says the signature is valid, since the pkg was signed before the cert expired.
I'm using allow apps from mac app store and identified developers.

Hey,

I suppose something happens when the High Sierra copies my home folder and files to the new disk. After repairing my home folder permissionsI was able to install run FAH. However, I was unable to connect to iCloud. After trying about
everything I could find I finally erased the new disk and reinstalled High Sierra and again let the installer copy my home folder etc, this time from my hard drive which was connected to my original ssd drive via iCloud. This time
I could connect to iCloud and after repairing my home folder permissions and a few spicy words and several attempts, FAH was installed and running from the web page. However, now FAH Control will not start. It has to be permissions I think.
The FAH Client had user nobody, Read&Write, nobody ReadOnly and user read only. and no wheel? I added System Read and write.

I would like to repair permissions but how? Home folder via Apple's instruction but the rest of the drive?
Other third party software runs ok.

Any ideas?
keith
mathman2

Postby mathman2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:06 pm

At last success. Nothing wrong with the program nor installation. There was an alias in my Home library pointing towards a fah folder on a drive that did not exist. Don't ask.
keith
mathman2

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)