Hello.
First, my system:

PSU: Corsair 750W (CP-9020078-EU)
MB: Asus PRIME Z370-A
RAM: 32 GB (Trident, F4-3200C14D-32GTZ)
CPU Intel Core i7-8700K (no OC)
SSD1: Samsung 850 Pro
SSD2: Adata SU800
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti ( ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING )
On my new rig , I have installed WIndows 10 Pro, on second SSD - Linux Mint 18.3 ("Sylvia"). Windows 10 is installed on Adata SU800, Mint - on Samsung 850 Pro.

First - installed W10. Pulled out the disk, installed Mint on second SSD, plugged in the Windows one (for convenience - just selecting boot drive at restart)
Now, the Windows client is behaving a little strange:

https://imgur.com/a/m9uCB

Apparently, calculating PPD is broken . What is happening?
Bolo_Yeung_PL

Re: Strange Windows Client behavior after Linux installation

Postby bruce » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Both PPD and TPF are estimates but FAH doesn't always have enough data to make an accurate guess ... until several frames are completed at the expected completion rate. Most likely the TPF and PPD will stabilize to a reasonable value.

Are you trying to process the same WU with Linux & Windows? I've never been able to do that, and whenevery you're running OS1, there are probably idle WUs on OS2 for which the bonus points are going down ... unless you do a FINISH every time you switch (and that's a hassle).
bruce

Re: Strange Windows Client behavior after Linux installation

Postby Bolo_Yeung_PL » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 pm

It is now close to completion, but still over 1700000 PPD calculated. I have paused - in case something's wrong with the FAH client I don't want to return badly computed one.
Linux client was finished, shut down, then I rebooted (cold reboot with power off for a few minutes) to Windows. for work. FAH client was set to automatic start, and started.

Edit: Hmm... now, after running furmark for a few seconds, the PPD dropped to 950000. Still, the unit was paused for an hour, so I suppose it should be less now.

Edit 2: Looks like Mint installation changed the system time by hour backwards ... and that was the reason the PPD calculation believed I have some uber new graphic card and will finish the unit in 15 minutes :)
Bolo_Yeung_PL

Return to V7.4.4 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X (deprecated)