Processor count

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

fractal

Processor count

Post by fractal »

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... teamnum=14 says I have 6 active machines, but I really have 7 folding away. I added passkeys to two machines when I updated the beta client and realized that I only had the passkey set for one of my machines.

Which makes me wonder if perhaps the missing machine is not recognized because of the passkey? And if so, did I just take two more away from my stats by adding the passkey to them? Is there any way to know that the passkey was properly accepted? Are results from clients with a passkey counted differently than results from clients without?

I read the passkey faq linked in another thread and it did not address this.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Processor count

Post by 7im »

The passkey is completely independent from any of those stats. Having or not having or entering it wrong won't change active CPU counts.

Check the fahlog.txt files for each client, and make sure the user name and team number are exactly the same on all of them.

Issue reported. -b
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

You're missing the "h" at the beginning of you link address.

You're 50 day cpu count is also 6. What's your hardware? Which clients are you running? It counts clients. SMP on a quad is 1 while 4 cpu clients on a quad are 4. If you alternate and run both like I do, that single box shows up as 5.
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

uncle fuzzy wrote:You're missing the "h" at the beginning of you link address.
Fixed
fractal

Post by fractal »

Sorry for the confusion. I went down my list upgrading all the beta smp clients and found that I was still counting one machine that I gave away over the holidays. Looks like the web page was counting better than me :oops: