Postby BrainEater » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Ah crap ...they're baaack...

What a bunch of tools these guys are.

--

Time to play hardball pandegroup.

BrainEater

Re: Console Client runing with no install

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:37 pm

7im wrote:Patience is a virtue. And -51,838,018 points speaks volumes. :twisted:

Apparently it doesnt speak enough... It never really phased them. The continued on the next day just as nothing has happened. Time to get real Pande Group!
Blaze

Postby 7im » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:27 am

Keep watching...
Please do not mistake my brevity as dispassion or condescension. I recognize the time you spend reading the forum is time you could use elsewhere, so my short responses save you time. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification if I was too terse.
7im

FTL zero'd out

Postby mdk777 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:21 pm

I see team FTL was zero'd out earlier this month.
I understand that they have broken the rules by adding the client to unsuspecting down loaders.

My question is why they continue to accumulate scores?
Why not just remove the team number and assign all incoming points to anonymous?
Transparency and Accountability, the necessary foundation of any great endeavor!
mdk777

Re: FTL zero'd out

Postby patonb » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Cause they just changed it up.......... it's now f-t-l

Also if people stopped pirating games ftl would not be getting this.
WooHoo = L5639 @ 3.3Ghz Evga SR-2 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 CM 212+ Corsair 1050hx Blackhawk Ultra EVGA 560ti

Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz x58a-ud3r 216-216 @ 850/2000 3x2gb OCZ Gold NH-u12 Heatsink Corsair hx520 Antec 900
patonb

Postby AZBrandon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 am

It's a federal offense to hack someone's computer and install software without their consent. I would think with this page showing 3000 active users, that should be sufficient evidence to present to the FBI. Maybe the problem is the fact that none of the people who've been hacked want to come forward. "Sir, my computer was hacked! Oh wait, how did the software get installed? Well I was stealing hundreds of movies and songs and pirating software...." Seriously, is committing a crime against a criminal a double-negative that cancels itself out? Obviously not, but it presents the problem of getting one of the people who was affected to come forward since they have to admit they were criminalized while committing a separate crime themselves.
AZBrandon

Postby Nathan_P » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:44 pm

They are gaining rapid ground again. Can't PG simply block the team number so if any client want to register with that team number it is blocked??
Censorship leads to dictatorship

Nathan_P

Postby WangFeiHong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:56 pm

AZBrandon wrote:It's a federal offense to hack someone's computer and install software without their consent. I would think with this page showing 3000 active users, that should be sufficient evidence to present to the FBI. Maybe the problem is the fact that none of the people who've been hacked want to come forward. "Sir, my computer was hacked! Oh wait, how did the software get installed? Well I was stealing hundreds of movies and songs and pirating software...." Seriously, is committing a crime against a criminal a double-negative that cancels itself out? Obviously not, but it presents the problem of getting one of the people who was affected to come forward since they have to admit they were criminalized while committing a separate crime themselves.

As far as what I've read on other FAH forums, there was a prompt to ask them to install the client, following specific instructions, and even telling them what FAH is about, but most people were just stupid enough to install it, with their own consent, so technically their computers weren't hacked. So I do suppose you could call the FBI on behalf of a few thousand morons. :wink:
WangFeiHong

Postby 7im » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Nathan_P wrote:They are gaining rapid ground again. Can't PG simply block the team number so if any client want to register with that team number it is blocked??

Yes, than can. They did that with the first team # for what was then called "FTL" Now they're using a new team # and F-T-L.

Eventually, we'll all be using Passkeys, and this problem will end.
7im

Postby WangFeiHong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:55 pm

The Team # is the same at 149135.
WangFeiHong

Postby 7im » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:11 am

I didn't notice that. Stanford must have done it by team name instead of team number. Seems like team # would have worked better.
7im

Postby Leoslocks » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Recent information at the News page is promising but this F-T-L situation is quite annoying. I was considering emailing EOC Stats to see what was wrong with their - points and such.

I will cheer when they are toast.

//////////////////////////////////EDIT to Include\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
The fact that this group has 22,880 users of which 19,827 are inactive pollutes the statistical value of the Folding@home user base.

Showing 3,053 active users with +63 new users alludes to how they are getting them.

Add to that the bulk of their points are from Anonymous, illustrates the lack of the victims awareness of what is happening to them.

Stanford needs to make an example out of this mess. I will keep watching.....
Leoslocks

Postby whynot » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:48 am

7im wrote:Eventually, we'll all be using Passkeys, and this problem will end.

No way. The same thing that previously installed the very same client, would download it from Stanford. Captchas? The same user that downloaded NFL (or whatever) will solve captcha too. I think there is exactly one true solution. Should I name it?
--
I'm counting for science.
Points just make me sick.
whynot

Postby Leoslocks » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:01 am

Keep watching...
I am watching them pass our Honest, Hard Working Hardware Central team.They will be in the top 200 in a matter of hours.
Leoslocks

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Classic V6.23 Client