Is it just me or are the Stats not updating?[Nov 12 problem]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Foxbat
Hardware configuration: Apple Mac Pro 1,1 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Xeon w/10 GB RAM | EVGA GTX 960, Zotac GTX 750 Ti | Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Dell Precision T7400 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Xeon w/16 GB RAM | Zotac GTX 970 | Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Apple iMac Retina 5K 4.00 GHz Core i7 w/8 GB RAM | OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

Re: Is it just me or are the Stats not updating?

Post by Foxbat »

As long as we're still getting WUs to process and Stanford is accepting the results, I'm happy. I know that we'll eventually see a big points surge when it all gets sorted out.
augie

Post by augie »

Well, I hope their collection server doesn't blow up next! :D That would be a shame. :( Good luck to the admins.:)
BrokenWolf

Post by BrokenWolf »

A quick little acknowledgment of this issue by someone from PG would be nice. It would sort of give us (at least me) a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Right now all I am getting is a cold prickly feeling and it is not comfortable. Sort of reminds me when I was screaming bloody murder about the one core folding SMP unit and did not get a response back for some time.

Yes there is a problem. Please let us know you have seen these posting and will be working on the issue. Even if it is just a quick little "got it and working on it" I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

BW
road-runner

Post by road-runner »

Your kidding right? Today is a holiday... Image
Ravage7779

Post by Ravage7779 »

You expect so much BW.... ;)
Get more Mac OS X folding help from the friendly experts @ http://www.foldingathome.org/index.html
BrokenWolf

Post by BrokenWolf »

It may be a holiday for some people but not all. Some of us did not get today off and had to work a regular day.

At my job if something goes down or is not working correctly I get paged out and I have to work on fixing the issue. Does not matter if it is a holiday or weekend. Do I get paid extra? Nope. Of course I am always rewarded at my yearly review (LOL). Now that is the joke.

Yeah, I guess I do Ravage. I am one of those people that when I get a problem I work on it until it is working. I sometimes expect others to be the same when there is a problem with what they support. Character flaw I guess. :|
djchandler
Hardware configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics 3.80 GHz
16.0 GB
HP Pavilion Desktop model TP01-2xxx without discrete video card
Windows 11 Pro
Native client running 1 slot, 8 cores

Post by djchandler »

I'm not getting any stats updated on at least 2 of 3 machiness turning in WUs since about 15:00 GMT on Nov. 10. It must be only certain servers though. Some people on my team are getting updated, but I'm not. 4 WUs that have been turned in successfully finished but not getting points were from server 171.67.108.24, all Project 2671. That's about 7,680 points worth in a day and two-thirds on one client.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html is giving a totally blank page at the moment. There's a disconnect somewhere. :e?:
Folding for Cures
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

I sent an email to Vijay ... I hope he'll give us some details about what's going on here.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
rene19831

Post by rene19831 »

hopefully it gones fast and WU'S are coming:D.... Have a few done know since yesterday and wondered*lol*
Before i looked here....
Mactin

Post by Mactin »

It would be nice for someone from Stanford to give us an update...
It's been more than 24 hours since the outage started. Someone must have noticed ?
Is there a holiday in CA, for no one to be "in the office" ?
AJMSmith

Post by AJMSmith »

Mactin wrote:It would be nice for someone from Stanford to give us an update...
It's been more than 24 hours since the outage started. Someone must have noticed ?
Is there a holiday in CA, for no one to be "in the office" ?
11th Nov is the anniversary of the armistice which ended the fighting of the first world war (1914-18) and is Veteran's day in the US (I assume that's the holiday that was being referred to).

Hopefully the 11:00 PST update will be functional ... the 8:00 PST has be broken for months now more often than not.
mephistopheles
Hardware configuration: i7 2600K@4.1GHz; 8GB RAM

Post by mephistopheles »

AJMSmith wrote:11th Nov is the anniversary of the armistice which ended the fighting of the first world war (1914-18) and is Veteran's day in the US (I assume that's the holiday that was being referred to).
Today is Nov 12th, isn't it? I thought it was the one with the turkey ;)

Anyway, just hoping that the results actually are collecting somewhere, and not just falling off a cliff to the great /dev/null in the sky...
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

toTOW wrote:I sent an email to Vijay ... I hope he'll give us some details about what's going on here.
Someone should be taking care of the issue ;) ... I don't have any ETA, but at least they know that something is wrong :)

You can also follow the issue on FAH-Addict : http://en.fah-addict.net/news/news-0-99 ... outage.php ;)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
djchandler
Hardware configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics 3.80 GHz
16.0 GB
HP Pavilion Desktop model TP01-2xxx without discrete video card
Windows 11 Pro
Native client running 1 slot, 8 cores

Post by djchandler »

There's a stats update in progress now, started at 15:02 GMT.
Folding for Cures
Viper666

Post by Viper666 »

7im wrote:I hope you compliment as well as you complain, when the new servers come online. ;)

I think this means they are putting in new servers 7im is a mod so I would take it as a PG statement

If that is the case the ETA is when there up again,you always run into something doing that kinda job you didnt plan for,

if its like in the past when servers went down you wont get all the points at one shot it will take about 6-12 hours and you will get some every update

if we get them all at once it will mean the stats system is finally fixed and can handle the load, Im gonna guess by 7ims comment that may be the case!

Hey 7im I did say somewhere the new A2 core rocks not one crash yet :D