3rd PArty STAT's site like EOC and [H]ardOCP

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Viper666

3rd PArty STAT's site like EOC and [H]ardOCP

Post by Viper666 »

Its very funny that a project thats based on accurate math cant seem to keep accurate stats, about 2 years ago there was a huge stats server crash(kinda like the one that happend a month ago) at stanford many people lost credit for work that day, a huge re writting of the stats server happend.Its been 2 years the stats havent update correctly on the 3rd party sites consistantly. I noticed when I started folding again that EOC didnt get any noon update points at all,last night I saw the [H]ardOCP stats site shows no points 2 times a day.This all used to work before stanford's changes !

If your not going to fix it and it appears your not,then provide the detailed stats of these other 2 sites yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Now, for the noon update issue. Once again I have concluded that it is not on my side, it is Stanford. They are two time zones behind me, so when it is noon here, it is only 10am out on the west coast. It just happens to be that when they post a new update file, it happens to be half an hour AFTER I process each update. For Stanford, the time happens to fall between 4:30am - 7:30am when their two files see very little updating (for most people & teams there is no difference in points). My guess is the usual nightly cron jobs are running on their server(s) during that time which is why the regular processing isn't getting done completely. I'll email Vijay about it later today and see what he has to say." Jason at EOC

Moving slow is one thing but 2 years !

For anyone that doesnt no the 3rd party sites update off a file provided by stanford,if that file doesnt get updated at the right time with current data ,the points wont show anywhere else !
ImageImage
Powered by AMD and Open SUSe 11.2 ----The New servers have nothing to do with fixing the stats problem !
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Re: 3rd PArty STAT's site like EOC and [H]ardOCP

Post by Nathan_P »

I see your point but its not like the points are being lost - they normally turn up at the next update.
Hopefully the new servers that stanford are currently installing will help on the speed front....
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Not a new complaint by any means, and I share a similar gripe, but I haven't expressed it so colorfully to a public audience. This will be the response, in one way or another, if there is any response from PG... "We're working on it, as exampled..."

Vijay Tweet: Ordered new servers this morning. An additional $100K always is a nice infusion into our data center.
2:49 PM Aug 3rd from web

F@H NEWS on 2009/10/13: New servers coming soon
We've ordered a new class of servers which should make a big impact on FAH server load, and also allow us to release several new big projects with more WUs. We're very excited about this since we've been limited by server space recently, which has also lead to WU shortages. The new servers each have 24 x 2TB drives, so we should have plenty of space.

The servers should physically arrive next week, so including set up time, WU testing protocols, etc, it will still take a few weeks to get the new WUs out broadly, but at least the ball is rolling.

IMO, at worst, the faster work servers will mean the older slower Stats servers will get updates more quickly. Middle road, the old work server hand-me-downs will replace the older stats servers, and speed things up somewhat. At best, the new server order included one for the stats, and it will speed this up greatly.

Can't get any worse, eh? ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Viper666

Post by Viper666 »

Yea I heard that 2+ years ago(new hardware coming,shall I hunt down the post?I might not be able to find it ,could be on old forum,you made the post then to LMFAO) 7im and if you read that ,those server are going to be for assignments not Stats. They are going to be used to help the storage problems.I did like the way you tried to cover you arse thought,it was creative ! I did a search here for when you told me new server before 7im,it was so long ago its not on this forum,its on the old one

October 13, 2009

New servers coming soon

We've ordered a new class of servers which should make a big impact on FAH server load, and also allow us to release several new big projects with more WUs. We're very excited about this since we've been limited by server space recently, which has also lead to WU shortages. The new servers each have 24 x 2TB drives, so we should have plenty of space.

The servers should physically arrive next week, so including set up time, WU testing protocols, etc, it will still take a few weeks to get the new WUs out broadly, but at least the ball is rolling.

Its now dec 12th 7im There not up yet? Or like i said have nothing to do with fixing stats ?

I couple years ago Jason at EOC, got donations for his server because he understands how important the stats are to the project, Im pretty sure people would donate to stanford just like they did to EOC for faster more up to date stats. It used to take EOC 25-35 minutes to do an update ,it now happends in 6-10minutes
trust me I get it, its hard for them to give resources to stats,when they lack other places,but these points drive the project if you dont believe that stop giving points at all and go with the Its all about science line a try and see how many people are left folding
Last edited by Viper666 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Powered by AMD and Open SUSe 11.2 ----The New servers have nothing to do with fixing the stats problem !
Viper666

Post by Viper666 »

Nathan_P wrote:I see your point but its not like the points are being lost - they normally turn up at the next update.
Hopefully the new servers that stanford are currently installing will help on the speed front....
Ponts are lost everytime it crashes ! I lost about 50k last time it crashed !
ImageImage
patonb
Hardware configuration: WooHoo= SR-2 -- L5639 @ ?? -- Evga 560ti FPB -- 12Gig Corsair XMS3 -- Corsair 1050hx -- Blackhawk Ultra

Foldie = @3.2Ghz -- Noctua NH-U12 -- BFG GTX 260-216 -- 6Gig OCZ Gold -- x58a-ud3r -- 6Gig OCZ Gold -- hx520

Post by patonb »

Isn't the Noon 0 due the 2hr Stanford update vs the 3 hour 3rd party update?
WooHoo = L5639 @ 3.3Ghz Evga SR-2 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 CM 212+ Corsair 1050hx Blackhawk Ultra EVGA 560ti

Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz x58a-ud3r 216-216 @ 850/2000 3x2gb OCZ Gold NH-u12 Heatsink Corsair hx520 Antec 900
Viper666

Post by Viper666 »

patonb wrote:Isn't the Noon 0 due the 2hr Stanford update vs the 3 hour 3rd party update?
As I said above this all used to work ! stanford used to do the updates more often after the crash 2+ years ago they started doing them less ofter,there are no noon points
sbecause stanford doesnt update the file EOC gets at the right time,again they used to this all use to work well,stanford is the one that changed everything to 3 hours from 2 hours !
Last edited by Viper666 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage