Does running on multiple PC require different Donator ID

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

jgt1942

Does running on multiple PC require different Donator ID

Post by jgt1942 »

I finally got FAH working on one of my PCs (Vista Ultimate) and now want to install on another PC that is running WinXP Pro. I realize that it will be different code but do I use the same donator ID or do I install with a new donator ID?
JGT
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

use the same ID for all your folding machines.

I have over 30 PCs, all have my same ID... THAT is how F@H will tally all your points for credit.

Peace
T.E.A.M. “Together Everyone Accomplishes Miracles!”
OC, S. California ... God Bless All
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Just to be clear, you can use the same "user name" for all computers.

Technically speaking, there is a User ID # that fah assigns to each computer, and that should not be duplicated.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

7im wrote:Just to be clear, you can use the same "user name" for all computers.

Technically speaking, there is a User ID # that fah assigns to each computer, and that should not be duplicated.
Thanx 7im
I did not know that, not that I have ever tried to even do do!

Peace
T.E.A.M. “Together Everyone Accomplishes Miracles!”
OC, S. California ... God Bless All
Lady-Loki

Multiple PC's

Post by Lady-Loki »

What do you do if you use the same name on 2 PC's but the team stats show you as 2 users rather than combining the stats?

I have F@H on both of my PC's and it combines my stats onto one user on the team roster but when my daughter set her son's 2 PC's up it lists him with 2 separate entries as 2 separate users on the team roster.
alancabler

Re: Multiple PC's

Post by alancabler »

Greetings Lady-Loki,
Welcome to the forum.
Lady-Loki wrote:What do you do if you use the same name on 2 PC's but the team stats show you as 2 users rather than combining the stats?

I have F@H on both of my PC's and it combines my stats onto one user on the team roster but when my daughter set her son's 2 PC's up it lists him with 2 separate entries as 2 separate users on the team roster.
Check the names very closely for differences in spelling, spaces or anything else.
As long as the donor's name and team number are the same, all points will credit to the same person. That's how some folks rack up 10's of 1000's of points per day.

Good job getting the family involved!
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

alancabler wrote:
Lady-Loki wrote:What do you do if you use the same name on 2 PC's but the team stats show you as 2 users rather than combining the stats?

Check the names very closely for differences in spelling, spaces or anything else.
Including case sensitivity: dave, Dave, DAVE, dAvE are all different.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
bruce

Post by bruce »

alancabler wrote:Check the names very closely for differences in spelling, spaces or anything else.
sneakers55 wrote:Including case sensitivity: dave, Dave, DAVE, dAvE are all different.
Also, if you use an email address, the domain name (everything after the @) will not display, so Myname and MyName@domain1.com and MyName@domain2.com will look like they're one name when, in fact, they are all spelled differently.