FCI: Folding@Home Client Info (Web based client monitor)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

smoking2000

Re: FCI: Folding@Home Client Info (Web based client monitor)

Post by smoking2000 »

Next monday, October 4th, my ADSL2+ line will be upgraded to VDSL2, during this upgrade my server will be unavailable.

I expect it to be up again by the end of the day if all goes well.

After the upgrade there should be an extra Mbit up, making downloads from my server slightly faster.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

smoking2000 wrote:Next monday, October 4th, my ADSL2+ line will be upgraded to VDSL2, during this upgrade my server will be unavailable.
With the line on the new splitter and the new modem in place everything is back up.

It may take a bit to propagate the DNS change of linuxminded.nl and its subdomains though. The change of linuxminded.xs4all.nl was already done.
smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.7.1

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.7.1

Mostly a bugfix release, with some minor enhancements.

Bugfix: fci-update-xml-files.pl

Adds project number to the XML files again. The project number is already known through the filename, but it should also be included in the XML itself.

Bugfix: fci-update-stanford-files.pl

Now always uses the new URL for projects descriptions, which contains '.overusingIPswillbebanned', even if the project summary page still lists the old URL. This chnages should make it generate much less cron mails :)

Bugfix: fci-update-jmol-projects.pl

Also imports the kfactor from Jmol projects.

Bugfix: install.pl

Fixed FCI client installation op OpenBSD.

Minor Changes

clients.plc now shows the time it took to complete a WU in each Queue index.

fci-update-stanford-files.pl now downloads the bzip2 compressed daily user & team summary files instead of the plain text ones. You can change the new default to plain text in the Settings interface. This of course requires that the bzip2 package is installed, which it is by default on most of the supported operating systems, but not all (e.g. Debian).

The lastest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website, or you can use the direct link.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Upgrade was dead easy and everything is working as expected. Thanks!
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.7.2

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.7.2

Only 1 minor change to support the new progress format in the FAHlog by new GPU3 cores:

Code: Select all

[10:56:06] Completed 87% ( 43499999 steps out of 50000000) 
The latest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website, or you can use the direct link.
jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

thank you smoking2000 i was just going to post about that issue. glad i waited.
Tobit

Re: New release of FCI: v1.7.2

Post by Tobit »

smoking2000 wrote:New release of FCI: v1.7.2

Only 1 minor change to support the new progress format in the FAHlog by new GPU3 cores:
and this will be changing again with the next core update as friedrim will be changing the format to match the log format of the CPU clients for better consistency F@H-wide.
smoking2000

Post by smoking2000 »

As long as its using one of the familiar formats, it should already be supported.

qd handled the new format just fine (that's why you had PPD, but not TPF), because qd didn't attempt to match until the end of the line, my parser in FCI used a more strict RegEx.
smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.7.3

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.7.3

It look likes the new progress format is in use now, I had to update the parser again because it's similar to the old format, but still differs too much:

Code: Select all

[06:34:55] Completed  21000000 out of 50000000 steps (42%).
The latest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website, or you can use the direct link.
smoking2000

FCI via IPv6

Post by smoking2000 »

Three days ago there was a firmware update for my VDSL modem with support for IPv6, after the update was installed the first thing I did was to request an IPv6 prefix from my ISP. Sortly thereafter I had a nice dual stack running on my modem, and the joyful task to configure IPv6 on all the hosts in my network. This task was just completed, and when the DNS change has propagated everywhere, it will have the finishing touch. :eugeek:

From then on the FCI project website is also available via IPv6 using: http://fci.ipv6.linuxminded.nl/
The FCI server I run for my subteam of the Dutch Power Cows using: http://fci-feg.ipv6.linuxminded.nl/
And my general website with FAH tools, qd-tools, etc using: http://ipv6.linuxminded.nl/

smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.7.4

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.7.4

Don't overwrite the qd supplied client type with the one listed in the client.cfg, Required for correctly detecting -bigadv when type=3 (-advmethods) is set in the client.cfg.

Minor Changes

clients.plc now shows the time expected to complete a WU. This was already present for completed WUs, now also for WUs not yet completed but have an expected date available.

The installation instructions for various OSes were updated to reflect current versions.

The lastest FCI release (and previous releases) can be downloaded from the project website, or you can use the direct link.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Update installed, looks fine to me. Thanks.
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Re: F@HMonitor App Release!!!Update:HFM.net Support Added!!!

Post by jimerickson »

FCI (Folding Client Info) generates xml files. is there anyway to make them compatible for those of us folding on linux?
smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.7.5

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.7.5

Checking for a day changes was broken if the times from the FAHlog were within skipped the daylight saving time hour, the FAHlog dates are in UTC which doesn't use daylight savings.

Minor Changes

fci-update-jmol-projects.pl Updated mapping for new FahCore abbreviations.

clients.plc If only points per hour data is available, convert it to points per day.

smoking2000

New release of FCI: v1.7.6

Post by smoking2000 »

New release of FCI: v1.7.6

Minor update to the installation instructions to support current distribution releases. And an update to the psummary parser in fci-update-stanford-files.pl to support the / character in the project names for 10090 and possibly others in the future.