quick Q, will the non graphcal client keep?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

air supremacy

quick Q, will the non graphcal client keep?

Post by air supremacy »

will the the non graphical glient keep going with assistence. meaning if i leave my computer on connected to the net, after finshing each work unit will it download the next one by it self and keep going with human attention?

cos i plan to leave until late jan next year
MoneyGuyBK

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

Yes, nothing to worry about if your internet connection is good and power is not off.

I have over 2 dozen running now for the last few months.

Enjoy the trip.

Peace
T.E.A.M. “Together Everyone Accomplishes Miracles!”
OC, S. California ... God Bless All
bruce

Post by bruce »

It would be helpful if you asked related questions in a single thread. That allows us an easy path to previous discussions that are directly related.

No client intervention is required with the default configuration settings. The client will upload results and download new WUs (and new cores, if necessary) without any intervention.

If you have a 24x7 internet connection just leave FAH running and it will take care of itself.

If you must manually establish the internet connection (e.g.- with a dialup modem) there may be settings in your OS which allow it to dial automatically when a connection is needed and drop the line automatically after it is idle for a specific period.

If you have configured auto-dial, and you do not want FAH to use it, you may enable "Ask before connecting"