Lost my passkey :-(

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ganzonomy

Lost my passkey :-(

Post by ganzonomy »

I had a passkey, and was folding for the NotebookReviewForums team, and I lost my emails. I don't want to have to abandon my score because it's almost 850,000. Is there any way that if I were to restart folding, I could tack it to that score?

In the event I can't get my old passkey back... would I have to restart at zero because of this new passkey (ie: Old Score is frozen forever)?

My name: Ganzonomy
Team: 213698

Thanks

Jason
Napoleon
Hardware configuration: Atom330 (overclocked):
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel Atom330 dualcore (4 HyperThreads)
NVidia GT430, core_15 work
2x2GB Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G 1333MHz memory kit
Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe motherboard

Re: Lost my passkey :-(

Post by Napoleon »

Passkey FAQ is your friend, see http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey#ntoc8
What do I do if I forgot or lost my passkey?
Go to the passkey web page and fill in the same information as before. You will get another email with your same passkey.
Note:If your original email address is no longer accesible, you will need to enter a new email address, and you will be sent a new and different passkey.
Win7 64bit, FAH v7, OC'd
2C/4T Atom330 3x667MHz - GT430 2x832.5MHz - ION iGPU 3x466.7MHz
NaCl - Core_15 - display
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

I believe you can get a different passkey and still fold under your same name. Haven't tried that though.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Zagen30
Hardware configuration: Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz (not folding), 8 GB DDR3 @2133 MHz, 2xGTX 780 @1215 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running 7.3.6 w/ 1xSMP, 2xGPU

4P E5-4650 @3.1 GHz, 64 GB DDR3 @1333MHz, Ubuntu Desktop 13.10 64-bit

Post by Zagen30 »

Note that while passkeys are tied to user names, user names are not tied a single passkey; any client set to contribute to that username, regardless of which passkey it's using or even if no passkey is entered, will have its completed WUs credited to that username. If you do need to get a new passkey (due to no longer using the original email address, for instance), the only noticeable change would be that you'd have to re-qualify for bonuses with the new one.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Jesse_V wrote:I believe you can get a different passkey and still fold under your same name. Haven't tried that though.
Yes, you can, but only as a LAST resort.

Your passkey is NEVER* lost!!! Go to the passkey request page. Enter your same fah user name and same email address as before. Pande Group will email you the exact same passkey to your address.

*As Zagen mentioned, if your original email address is no longer active, you will have to use a new working address, and you will get a new passkey number.

Also, if you were folding with the v6 client, the passkey is stored in the client.cfg file in the fah data folder. If using V7, it is stored in the config.xml file. Go get your own copy already stored on your computer. ;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.