Stats won't show up

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

t3hcoolness

Stats won't show up

Post by t3hcoolness »

Hello! I've been looking for my stats on the stats page, and mine never show up. I enter my username (cakeman), passcode, and team number (0) and I am not there. Why is this happening?
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Stats won't show up

Post by Jesse_V »

Hi there t3hcoolness, welcome to the F@h support forum!

I did a search for "cakeman" and nothing came up. How long has this been happening? You need to complete and upload a Work Unit to the servers, and then the stats pages update every hour, usually on the hour.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Welcome to foldingforum.org, t3hcoolness

Please post a copy of your log showing a result being uploaded. Also include the first page showing your user name and team number.
t3hcoolness

Post by t3hcoolness »

Jesse_V wrote:Hi there t3hcoolness, welcome to the F@h support forum!

I did a search for "cakeman" and nothing came up. How long has this been happening? You need to complete and upload a Work Unit to the servers, and then the stats pages update every hour, usually on the hour.
I've been a user for a month. How do I know if a WU has been completed, and what is it?
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

t3hcoolness wrote:I've been a user for a month. How do I know if a WU has been completed, and what is it?
Work Units are what our computers download, process, and then upload. They are pieces of the protein's overall simulation. What we'd really like to see is the log file. What client are you running? You should be able to right click on the Folding@home icon in the system tray, and you should be able to view the log file from the menu that pops up. Then copy and paste the entire thing, and paste it here in between Code tags. You can find Code tag by clicking on the "Full Editor" button.
t3hcoolness

Post by t3hcoolness »

I am using a mac.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Which version of OS X do you have on your Mac? The version of the Folding@home client also makes a difference in where the log file is located. Can you also post what type and model of Mac you are using? Once you post at least the beginning part of the log we can tell whether you are folding any WU's; and if not, possibly figure out how to get you folding.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3