A plea for more cancer projects

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

diwakar
Pande Group Member

Re: A plea for more cancer projects

Post by diwakar »

Projects 8041 and 8042 are running simulations of a protein involved in cancer. 8042 is still running. We are planning to submit a manuscript related to these projects sometime during the summer. I will post the link to the manuscript once it is accepted for publication. We are also planning to start another set of projects soon related to pediatric cancer. With the support of the FAH donors, we will be able to study these complex systems which will help in understanding how drugs such as Gleevec (from Novartis) work.
csvanefalk

Post by csvanefalk »

I get a lot of 8042s...very happy to see it progress :)
Jonazz

Post by Jonazz »

Novartis? Cool! I'll probably be doing my internship at Novartis Oncology next year. Awesome to hear that FAH will help :D
Magic Michael
Hardware configuration: 1. 2x E5520 @2.27 GHz with 6x 4GB Reg ECC RAM and 1x Geforce GTX 660ti. Windoze -smp 12 and -gpu
2. 2x E5620 @2.53 GHz 16GB Reg ECC RAM. Debian Linux with -smp 16
3. the occasional borg

Post by Magic Michael »

csvanefalk, how are your clients configured ? My (dual socket) smp folders only get 609x projects :(
The project description states "This project will run on both single and multiprocessor clients. "
Jonazz

Post by Jonazz »

Magic Michael wrote:csvanefalk, how are your clients configured ? My (dual socket) smp folders only get 609x projects :(
The project description states "This project will run on both single and multiprocessor clients. "
It doesn't really matter if you get cancer WU's or not. They're out there and being folded, no need to worry :)
artoar_11
Hardware configuration: AMD R7 3700X @ 4.0 GHz; ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING; DDR4 2x8GB @ 3.0 GHz; GByte RTX 3060 Ti @ 1890 MHz; Fortron-550W 80+ bronze; Win10 Pro/64

Post by artoar_11 »

Magic Michael wrote:csvanefalk, how are your clients configured ? My (dual socket) smp folders only get 609x projects :(
WU's 8041/42 can be received with client V7 (Core_a4).
csvanefalk

Post by csvanefalk »

Im running the V7 client, SMP 12, with advanced and max-unit-size=big set. I do not think there is any special trick to it - sometimes you get them sometimes you don't. As another poster pointed out though, the important thing is that they are out there getting folded, no matter how often we get them ourselves :)