smp true flag vanishing

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

smp true flag vanishing

Postby Fritschenstien » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

(V7.1.52) Win 7 ultimate 64bit
I've noticed every time that I look in the Expert configuration tab that the -smp -true flag always seems to vanish after a unpredictable amount of time no matter how many times I re-enter it. Yes my CPU is a dual-core. So I've stopped reentering it because I know that I'm still receiving smp work units. The GPU true flag always remains. I was wondering if it has to do with the fact that when I installed V7 I pre-selected both SMP and GPU configs to run on my machine. I figure that I'm answering my own question with the install config fact. Although I find it odd that one flag would vanish and one would not, given that they are both preset upon install. I sometimes run the Advanced flag in the expert options. Could that make the smp true flag disappear? It may all be trivial and is not anything to fret over.
Fritschenstien

Re: smp true flag vanishing

Postby 7im » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Smp = true is an installer setting hold over. No need to fret about it. Haas no affect on active clients.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby Jesse_V » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Are you actually editing the config file? You can configure everything from the GUI, which is generally safer. With that in mind, does your SMP slot disappear then? If you always have an SMP and GPU slot, then everything is fine and I wouldn't worry about it.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator

Postby 7im » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Smp = true is also a default setting, and default settings aren't shown except in level 5. Gpu = true, while an installer setting as well, is not a default setting.
7im

Postby Fritschenstien » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks 7im this was exactly what I was thinking was happening.
Fritschenstien

Return to V7.1.52 Windows/Linux