HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

JimF

Re: HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v6/v7

Post by JimF »

I have a 13000 and 13001 showing up properly for my two HD 7870s; no special configuration necessary, though I did do a "Download Projects From Stanford" update.
PS3EdOlkkola
Hardware configuration: 10 SMP folding slots on Intel Phi "Knights Landing" system, configured as 24 CPUs/slot
9 AMD GPU folding slots
31 Nvidia GPU folding slots
50 total folding slots
Average PPD/slot = 459,500

Post by PS3EdOlkkola »

Thank you harlem. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Hardware config viewtopic.php?f=66&t=17997&p=277235#p277235
DocJonz
Hardware configuration: Folding with: 4x RTX 4070Ti, 1x RTX 3070

Post by DocJonz »

@Harlam357 - Has the way Failed WU's are recorded changed?
A number of people have seen issues with the start up of certain P9406 WU's - in an earlier version of HFM.net I have running on one machine, this is flagging these as Failed, with the new HFM.net, they do not seem to be flagged.
Folding Stats (HFM.NET): DocJonz Folding Farm Stats
billford
Hardware configuration: Full Time:

2x NVidia GTX 980
1x NVidia GTX 780 Ti
2x 3GHz Core i5 PC (Linux)

Retired:

3.2GHz Core i5 PC (Linux)
3.2GHz Core i5 iMac
2.8GHz Core i5 iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook
1.6GHz Core 2 Duo Acer laptop

Post by billford »

JimF wrote:I have a 13000 and 13001 showing up properly for my two HD 7870s; no special configuration necessary, though I did do a "Download Projects From Stanford" update.
The AS finally gave me a P13001 (for the GTX 650 Ti), it's showing up normally. No manual update of the Project List done, I don't know if it performed one on its own.

Later edit- P13001's on both GPUs now, displaying normally.
davidcoton

Post by davidcoton »

Hmm, so why is my system different? 13001 is still showing up (both current and history) as 0 points! Think I'll head over to the HFM forum.
billford

2x NVidia GTX 980
1x NVidia GTX 780 Ti

Retired:

3.2GHz Core i5 iMac
2.8GHz Core i5 iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook

Post by billford »

Grasping at straws- have you tried re-starting the client to see if that kicks anything into life?
DocJonz
Hardware configuration: Folding with: 4x RTX 4070Ti, 1x RTX 3070

Post by DocJonz »

DocJonz wrote:@Harlam357 - Has the way Failed WU's are recorded changed?
A number of people have seen issues with the start up of certain P9406 WU's - in an earlier version of HFM.net I have running on one machine, this is flagging these as Failed, with the new HFM.net, they do not seem to be flagged.
Following Bruce's suggestion, here's the two HFM monitors showing the Failed unit difference (Old one on the Left, new on one the Right).

Image Image

Edit by Mod: See viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26720 for more details.
Folding Stats (HFM.NET): DocJonz Folding Farm Stats
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

davidcoton wrote:Hmm, so why is my system different? 13001 is still showing up (both current and history) as 0 points! Think I'll head over to the HFM forum.
Try changing the name of ProjectInfo.tab in case it has become corrupt:

In HFM click on Help and View HFM.NET Data Files
Close HFM
Right click on ProjectInfo.tab and rename it to something like oldProjectInfo.tab
Start HFM

It should download the projects info automatically. If it doesn't you already know how to use the option under Tools to do so manually.
davidcoton

Post by davidcoton »

Thanks for that -- but it produced the same result again! Still no points shown for 13001.

AH! Found it. I had (long ago) set HFM to download psummaryB -- which excludes 13000 and 13001. I think the reason was to include beta projects. Since projects are added to the HFM db but apparrently not removed, a download of psummary is necessary to catch projects which came and went as beta while HFM was AWOL. Now I guess I return to psummaryB and add new projects as they enter beta.
billford

2x NVidia GTX 980
1x NVidia GTX 780 Ti

Retired:

3.2GHz Core i5 iMac
2.8GHz Core i5 iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook

Post by billford »

DocJonz wrote: Following Bruce's suggestion, here's the two HFM monitors showing the Failed unit difference (Old one on the Left, new on one the Right).
I don't normally display the Completed and Failed columns, but in response to this query I enabled them to see if they showed anything helpful (they didn't).

But either they don't work properly anyway or I'm misunderstanding what they display:

One of the clients was running a P9500, the Completed column showed 23. That sounded low, so I filtered the History for that project on that client and it gave a count of 243. The client finished a few minutes later and, as it happened, picked up another P9500. But the Completed column stayed at 23.

I wondered if it were "Completed in the last <some number> days" but that didn't fit with the other clients, all of which were showing numbers much lower than I would expect...

That was yesterday; this morning it's running a P9007 and showing 29- History says 203. So I wondered if it meant, in effect, "Number of different Projects processed", but the Benchmarks viewer for that client gave 47 different projects.

Am I missing something?
billford

2x NVidia GTX 980
1x NVidia GTX 780 Ti

Retired:

3.2GHz Core i5 iMac
2.8GHz Core i5 iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook

Post by billford »

billford wrote: Am I missing something?
Solved it, sort of.

F10 (Toggle Completed Count Style) brings up numbers that agree with History (Completed WUs for that client, regardless of ProjectID), but I still can't work out what criteria it was using for the previous display!

Failed column is full of zeroes like DocJonz, but that's not conclusive as I don't know what it would have displayed on the previous version.
Last edited by billford on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

The "previous display" should include the completed and failed work units since the last time that slot was restarted assuming you're running HFM 24/7.
billford

2x NVidia GTX 980
1x NVidia GTX 780 Ti

Retired:

3.2GHz Core i5 iMac
2.8GHz Core i5 iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook

Post by billford »

bollix47 wrote:The "previous display" should include the completed and failed work units since the last time that slot was restarted assuming you're running HFM 24/7.
Ah, I hadn't thought of that… can't be bothered to chase through all the logs to check in detail, but the numbers don't look unreasonable for that criterion.

Many thanks :)
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Update was easy and went fine. It's been running without issue since then ... :)

Now I need to monitor it over a long period and a large number of completed WUs to see whether the high CPU usage bug is gone or not.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Flaschie

Post by Flaschie »

@Harlam357,
thanks for the update! Just a small question regarding the history-viewer. Before, I could get the latest WU finished by sorting on date, but now I need to first go to page two. Anything changed since last version, or have I missed something? I really want my last finished WU to be first in that list, that's basically what I use the history for: look at my latest finished units, and I guess a lot of other people also do this? Anyways, would be nice if the defualt query sorted by completed date (last first) :)

davidcoton wrote:(...) Now I guess I return to psummaryB and add new projects as they enter beta.
Why not use psummaryC and get the best of two worlds? ;)