Link Android client to a user? [or Team -Not Yet]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Astriaal

Link Android client to a user? [or Team -Not Yet]

Post by Astriaal »

Mod note: merged several existing topics - j

Right now the Android client just contributes but I can't find a way to link it to my OSX F@H user. I'd like them to be linked so I can see a cumulative total and get credit for the work done on Android!
JimboPalmer

Re: Link Android client to a user?

Post by JimboPalmer »

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-i ... n-android/

The key phrase is "first beta release and certain elements are not in place just yet".
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Since there is no technical fix this forum can provide, please address this feature request to Pande Group on their sub Reddit /r/foldingathome.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Pay_Nos_Paul

Folding for a team: possible or not?

Post by Pay_Nos_Paul »

I would like to fold for my team. Is it possible for me to do this, if not will it be implemented in an update soon?
Last edited by Joe_H on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove team reference
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Folding for a team: possible or not?

Post by Joe_H »

Currently the answer is no. Dr. Pande answered a question on this at the official reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/foldingathome/ ... _progress/. At some time in the future it might be possible, but nothing has been committed to at this point.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
MarkyMark7

Post by MarkyMark7 »

The topic link on Reddit is https://redd.it/472kkw if you want details.
-- Mark
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... 381&t=1003
Or maybe https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php/u=514381/t=1003/signimage.png
checktest

Can folding on mobile app be part of PC client team results?

Post by checktest »

Is it possible to have the results from someone folding using the Sony mobile app to be part of a team using the PC client?
Joe_H
Site Admin

Re: Can folding on mobile app be part of PC client team resu

Post by Joe_H »

Not at this time. Dr. Pande has posted that they are working with Sony to see if this could be done at some time in the future.

JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

When it is done, you will be disappointed. I suspect a phone/tablet is doing about 1/100 what a PC CPU can do. So expect PPD of about 10 for an android install.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bruce

Post by bruce »

Currently, the mobile client doesn't gather enough information for points to be computed. To add the two together, some additional data would need to be gathered.

At the present time, I think the mobile client only tracks the number of hours you're running it. I don't think it knows how many CPUs you have or how fast they are, etc. so it gives a poor measurement of scientific progress. Also, there's no information gathered about how rapidly you were able to do a more difficult project, compared to a simpler project nor has there been any scaling to compare how difficult a CPU or GPU project is to a NaCl project is.

The points for the PC client are based on the difficulty of the project as well as the elapsed time before you return a completed project, giving more points for completing difficult tasks more promptly and fewer points if a similar project is returned more slowly or if an easier task is completed.

Any plan to add the two together would require converting the reported data to the same unit-of-measure.
william822

Team Numbers

Post by william822 »

When will I be able to fold for a specific team instead of it choosing one for me?
Joe_H
Site Admin

Re: Link Android client to a user? [or Team -Not Yet]

Post by Joe_H »

As mentioned in prior responses, this is up to Sony. You can ask on the support pages that are set up for the Sony Android client or the official Folding reddit. As also mentioned by Dr. Pande in the post linked here, Sony and PG are in contact about the possibility or merging stats, but no promises or dates have been given.

John_Ferrito

Re: Link Android client to a user? [or Team -Not Yet]

Post by John_Ferrito »

Too bad this has not been resolved as this question has been asked since 2015. I do appreciate that they have communicated clearly about the issues here and on Reddit.
I do understand we are still helping the cause and that is the most important issue. I feel petty just bringing it up but it helps people to be motivated & join in. Since many people have old phones that could help out just laying around.

I hope they figure this out soon....