Completed Project Summary & Results Page (inactive projects)

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

wuffy68
Hardware configuration: 1x nVidia 1080Ti, 1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060, 1x nVidia 750Ti, AMD Radeon R7 M460

completed (inactive) project summary pages

Post by wuffy68 »

Does anyone have a link to the "completed" or inactive project summary page? There used to be a link to it on fahwiki.net, but that link is no longer related to FAH research.

Also, is there a link to the actual project results database? Last I saw some information that can be download on Simbios (simtk.org), but that doesn't appear current.

Thanks in advance
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
acnash
Hardware configuration: 32x Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz
125.88GiB
1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Mint Linux ver 18

Re: completed (inactive) project summary pages

Post by acnash »

Hi all,

I too would like to know which projects are active/inactive. And, in particular, what has come of the folding hours per project i.e., a result page of sorts.

Thanks
wuffy68
Hardware configuration: 1x nVidia 1080Ti, 1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060, 1x nVidia 750Ti, AMD Radeon R7 M460

Completed Project Summary & Results Page (inactive projects)

Post by wuffy68 »

Does anyone have a link to the "completed" or inactive project summary page? There used to be a link to it on fahwiki.net, but that link is no longer related to FAH research.
Also, is there a new link to the actual project results database? Last I saw some information that can be download on Simbios (simtk.org), but that doesn't appear current.

I tried asking in the The Science of FAH -- questions/answers discussion thread nearly two months ago, but I'm not sure if the question was missed.

Thanks again ... having this information available could help promote Folding@home (even when the research yields no useful results, at least there was an attempt worth mentioning)
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Completed Project Summary & Results Page (inactive proje

Post by Joe_H »

I do not recall any such list of "completed" or inactive projects as a summary page. Much of what was on fahwiki.net was out of date years ago, and it was pretty much no longer being updated. The person who apparently was keeping up a copy of it after its original location went away, and also had the address registered, passed away last year.

As for results, only selected projects were accessible for download. Some were and still are available on simtk.org. The rest were usually available available on request. With the move from the stanford.edu servers to foldingathome.org it may take a while before all information is linkable again.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
wuffy68

Post by wuffy68 »

Joe_H wrote:I do not recall any such list of "completed" or inactive projects as a summary page. Much of what was on fahwiki.net was out of date years ago, and it was pretty much no longer being updated. The person who apparently was keeping up a copy of it after its original location went away, and also had the address registered, passed away last year.

As for results, only selected projects were accessible for download. Some were and still are available on simtk.org. The rest were usually available available on request. With the move from the stanford.edu servers to foldingathome.org it may take a while before all information is linkable again.
Thanks Joe_H ... I could have sworn I saw a list of completed project descriptions somewhere. To me it's still good to know what's been attempted even if it didn't yield anything useful (at least those simulations don't need to be re-run). It seems that the published papers don't necessarily reference specific project reference numbers which muddies the water for contributors. In the future, it would be neat to see a history of projects contributed to and more reference to specific projects in published works (in addition to acknowledgement of the FAH community) - that way contributors can say "Hey, I helped work on THAT..." Currently it's very nebulous.
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
bruce

Post by bruce »

As far as what FAH has published, you can visit https://foldingathome.org/papers-results/ These papers describe the scientific results/conclusions. As far as connecting them to specific projects, the closest connection you can probably find is by linking the name of the researcher who completed a specific project to the researcher who published the paper. The underlying data are stored by project number but I don't know of a direct link between the project numbers and the publications except by way of the name of the researcher.
gbowman

Post by gbowman »

Thanks for pointing this point up.

In addition to the name of the researcher, the name of the protein can also help link projects to papers.

I'll look into whether there's a simple way for us to have a page about completed projects, as well as to more closely link project numbers to papers.
wuffy68

Post by wuffy68 »

Thank you bruce and gbowman!
6x i5 CPU-only rigs