No stats on web control site

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

haaku

No stats on web control site

Post by haaku »

Hello everyone!

I started with folding a few hours ago so i am pretty new to this. I installed FAH on my Ubuntu 16.04. server (only via SSH since this server is a rented server in germany and not physically at my home) and it's running so far. System load is there and it seems to solve WUs. But the "stats" on the right side aren't shown. It shows "Loading...." since hours. Any tipps how i can fix this? Does the folding count anyway? I don't want to "fold into the matrix". Screenshot of that issue:

Help please! :(
bruce

Re: No stats on web control site

Post by bruce »

When a Work Unit is assigned, it can take from a maybe 30 minutes up to as much as a few days to be completed. Stats are not recorded until after the final results are uploaded and it can take an additional period of time to appear.

"loading" generally indicates that the inter-process messages are not connecting properly. Are you opening FAHControl or Webcontrol or are you useing another method of checking your stats. They can be found using your browser at https://foldingathome.org/statistics/ Assuming you have configured your client to use the name "haaku" I don't see any credits, which may mean they're going to a different account.

Please provide the information mentioned below if possible.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The WU show in your image has since completed and been returned for credit:
Hi haaku (team 0), Your WU (P9031 R692 C2 G1144) was added to the stats database on Thu, 28 Feb 2019 00:13:04 GMT for 207 points of credit.
Another WU is shown as having been returned by you:
Hi haaku (team 0), Your WU (P11728 R0 C938 G417) was added to the stats database on Thu, 28 Feb 2019 00:14:34 GMT for 7450 points of credit.
It may take a bit more time for further stats to be generated and checkable on the donor stats site link Bruce provided.

One other note, are you using a passkey? Once you complete 10 WU's with a passkey, you are eligible for bonus points - https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/passkey/.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
haaku

Post by haaku »

bruce wrote:Are you opening FAHControl or Webcontrol or are you useing another method of checking your stats.

I am only using Web Control. Since my server is only a server without desktop GUI I only can look at the web control. I used this guide to set it up: https://www.iceflatline.com/2017/12/ins ... tu-server/

And yes, the name is haaku. If i look that name up on the side you provided, i can't find that name.
haaku

Post by haaku »

Joe_H wrote:One other note, are you using a passkey? Once you complete 10 WU's with a passkey, you are eligible for bonus points - https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/passkey/.
I am not using a passkey. Should i use one?

EDIT: Just added the key.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I'm not familiar with iceflatline.com. Perhaps your best bet is to ask the author of that procedure. Most of the Linux users here don't run on the server distro. My assumption is that web control needs some prereq that's not on that setup.
haaku

Post by haaku »

Does my folding count anyway? I don't need stats at the end. I want to help folding dat pros. As long as the folding is correct, i am happy.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Yes, your folding does count and I am seeing multiple WU's completed and entered into the database. Eventually the stats front-end will start reporting your points that have been credited.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
haaku

Post by haaku »

Okay then! Then i'm happy. Thanks for your help! :)