Want to take ownership over abandoned (as seems) team

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

pasaf

Want to take ownership over abandoned (as seems) team

Post by pasaf »

Hello,

I would like to take ownership over Folding@UA (#224627) team if anyone don't mind, as I see it was inactive for a while and I can't find any stats on its current owner (iota6manny).

Is that possible?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Want to take ownership over abandoned (as seems) team

Post by Joe_H »

This team appears to have only one member, and that appears to not be you. Unless you can show a connection to the team, it will not just be given over to you.

P.S. In the case of this team UA does not appear to be related to the origin of your post.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
pasaf

Post by pasaf »

Ok, now I'm member of the team. What's next?
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

I am going to recommend you create your own team if you want one connected to your country. Or join one of the ones that already exist.

The person who created and named the team did so to link their folding contribution to a particular organization which is not your country as you appear to assume. I hinted at that in my first post, now I will be direct - you have no prior connection to the team and I will not forward on your request to the PG members who would assist in giving control to a team to another member if the founder was no longer active. They also would see no prior connection. UA in this case refers to an airline that I would assume username "manny" may have worked for, not Ukraine.

pasaf

Post by pasaf »

Maybe you don't understand that, but on your decision to not help may rely my decision to fold.
I don't want to create group with different name, because idea which captured me completely relies on exactly that name of the group.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

Then, I will be blunt - don't fold if you need a specific name belonging to someone else. Basically what you are wanting to do is take the product of someone else's work and use it as your own.

MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Then the best thing you can do, is contact the owner of the group, and have him pass on the group's password, so you can register yourself as the admin;
or become just a member of this group.

If you have no way to contact the owner of this group, I would believe FAH would never transfer the group to you, because it would violate the ownership rights, of the owner of that group.
Or something in lines of that...
I'm not affiliated with FAH, just a member like you.