You cant see the work of the GPU

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

GTX56O
Hardware configuration: rx570 itx 4gb no oc

You cant see the work of the GPU

Post by GTX56O »

Have you a protein demo animation?

Is it provable that they are using Folding at home to benefit economically from the cryptocurrency mining?

https://www.criptonoticias.com/sucesos/ ... -bitcoins/

https://criptotendencia.com/2018/02/10/ ... o-nuclear/

Base credit 925, Estimated credit 3511, 9hours in GPU, project 14208, :(
bruce

Re: You cant see the work of the GPU

Post by bruce »

GTX56O wrote:Is it provable that they are using Folding at home to benefit economically from the cryptocurrency mining?
Theodore wrote:Also mining has nothing to do with folding.
It is provable that FAH does not benefit economically from cryptocurrency. FAH is based on donated computer resources.

FAH is not associated with any cryptocurrency and this site does not support any of them . They are sponsored by independent organizations who have chosen to accept FAH's publicly posted points under whatever policies they choose to establish. If those policies benefit FAH, it's only by encouraging more people to Donate to FAH -- and FAH is thankful for those production increases.
GTX56O

Post by GTX56O »

Ok, but i cant see what are doing my GPU, i decided install CodeXL 2.6 , is a debugger of Raedon ATI.

But for watch the code runing, i need open the program, if i cant see my protein, i need see that happen.

What program have to open? i think that my GPU use core 0xa7.

I identified mi number PID xxxx with the program FahCore_21.exe

I think that, i can open this exe whit the debugger, muahahah,
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Core_a7 is a CPU core, as is the older Core_a4.

Core_21 is a GPU core as is the (still in Beta test) Core_22.

I wish i was able to understand the other questions.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bruce

Post by bruce »

Folding takes place when FAHClient.exe is running. It will call FAHCore_xx.exe automatically (xx = a7 / a4 / 21 / 22). Both processes should be hidden. Normally the protein will not be visualized graphically. A separate program (FAHViewer.exe) can be used to display a graphical image of the protein but most people do not do that.
GTX56O

Post by GTX56O »

I open the FAHViewer.exe, but only have a demo demostration,

Conclusion, this is not real because is a demo animation, fake, false.

Yes the FahCore_21.exe is a process of the GPU but, can open this executable with the debugger.

I need something for watch the protein.

For example:

In my computer have, User/AppData/Roaming/FAHClient/cores/cores.foldingathome.org/Win32/AMD64/ATI/R600/Core_21.fah/FahCore_21.exe.

In the FAHClient have the logs.txt and carpets of configs

In other site, have the program installed, when have carpets of lib, a lot of archives with the extension pyd and dll and 5 executables...

FAHClient.exe
FAHControl.exe
FAHCoreWrapper.exe
FAHViewer.exe

This is very well, but cant see my protein in the FAHViewer

HideCOnsole.exe, when i click on, is very hide
bruce

Post by bruce »

GTX56O wrote:I need something for watch the protein.
Do you need to watch the animation of a graphical representation of the protein, or do you need information about the progress of the analysis in textual form?

FAH continuously writes a log which indicates progress of each WU. (Those logs are merged, so you need to learn what is and what is not being reported from each one.) That output is passed through the Unix command "tee" so the output can be viewed in real-time. A secondary option is to run the 3rd party program HFM.NET which monitors that output and reports each slot's status separately. Personally, I often un-hide the actual console output from FAHClient in many of my machines.
GTX56O

Post by GTX56O »

I need watch the graphical representation
Forcinghavok

Post by Forcinghavok »

Yes, I know what he's talking about. I am wondering the same thing. How come when I open the 3D visualization, information is not listed in any of the fields; ie name, project, progress, team, etc.?? LOL the protein is Demo.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

I can only presume that FAHviewer is folding, is showing a to and back timeloop of the project you're working on.
As I've seen a variety of different proteins and complex structures in the viewer.
I generally don't use them, but I wonder if the above is true; as with multi GPUs, it's entirely possible to be working on 2 or 3 different projects at a time.
Which one would FAHViewer show?
bruce

Post by bruce »

FAHVIewer does work, but not in all instances. (1)If you are actively folding, which project(s) are active? (2) Which client platform are you using -Windows, Linux, or MacOS]? (3) Which version of FAHClient and FAHViewer are you running? and (4) Are you starting the stand-alone FAHViewer manually or are you starting in from inside FAHControl?

When it can't find the needed data for the active protein(s), it will display a sample protein.
Forcinghavok

Post by Forcinghavok »

Just another example of bugs that need to be worked out. If there are instructions for getting the viewer to work what are they?

Much time spans between application updates, why is that? I am just curious.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

The viewer doesn't help to fold faster ... why should it be a priority in development list to get it to work ?

The resources are focused on what helps science the most : the cores, the servers and the client.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

FahViewer actually slows down the folding process when running it simultaneously, just like a screen saver, or running another 3D application would.
Forcinghavok

Post by Forcinghavok »

toTOW wrote:The viewer doesn't help to fold faster ... why should it be a priority in development list to get it to work ?

The resources are focused on what helps science the most : the cores, the servers and the client.
It is understandable to include other features with applications which don't need to be a priority during development, it is quite another thing to include features that are present that barely work! Why would you include a feature that doesn't work? Just curious.

We all know that the viewer takes away processing power from folding. Maybe just remove the feature if you don't want it to work.