Is Folding@home still considered a Stanford Project?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

wuffy68
Hardware configuration: 1x nVidia 1080Ti, 1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060, 1x nVidia 750Ti, AMD Radeon R7 M460

Is Folding@home still considered a Stanford Project?

Post by wuffy68 »

With the move to the foldingathome.org domain, and management and donation page now being relocated at WUSTL, is Folding@home still technically considered a "Stanford Med" project - a part of Pande Lab?
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
bruce

Re: Is Folding@home still considered a Stanford Project?

Post by bruce »

There are several labs, including Pande Lab which are now known as the FAH Consortium. The future direction is set by a team formed by the directors of each of those labs -- most of which have degrees from Stanford.. Their goals and methodology are similar although they focus on somewhat different groups of projects.

The list of labs may change occasionally.
JimF

Post by JimF »

That is all very interesting, but I am wondering whether FAH still does just protein folding (or mis-folding)? I think molecular dynamics can be used for a variety of purposes, including protein interactions with other types of molecules. From some of the project descriptions, it would seem that they fall into a variety of categories.

Any comments?
bruce

Post by bruce »

The projects done by each lab use the same molecular dynamics modelling methodology but pay attention to the project descriptions. You're right... they do fall into a variety of categories.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Interesting! I learn something new every day!