Identity Information Required

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

encinowheezle

Identity Information Required

Post by encinowheezle »

Hello, I am new to this, and am looking for some clarity on identity information requirements.
I have been provided a User ID, a Team ID as well as a Username and a Passkey....
HOWEVER, the Web Control of Folding@home has fields for "Name" "Team Number" and "Passkey"

Which information do I need to input into these fields to assure I will receive my Bananos for the work done?

Thank you for any information you can provide to help clear this up.
bruce

Re: Identity Information Required

Post by bruce »

The client reports your points based on whatever you enter for the User/Passkey. A Team is not required, but you may want one. You can change teams but points which have already been reported with a team stay with that team.

If, for some reason, you need to change either User or Passkey, the next 10 WUs will not receive a bonus.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

As for receiving any team rewards, check on its website. Those rewards are not associated with F@h, and details on getting them are not part of what this support forum provides.

One note, a Team name maps to a team number, and that number is what is entered into the client.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
encinowheezle

Post by encinowheezle »

Thank you for these replies.... while they certainly help me in understanding a bit better how the team ID/Number works.... It doesn't help me understand which information that has been provided to me I should be entering.

Should I use the User ID and the Team ID in conjunction with the Passkey? or must the Username and Passkey be used together to function properly? Or should I be filling out all three fields?

and if so... with which "Name"? The Username? (provided with my passkey) or the User ID? (Provided with a team ID)

Even something as simple as consistent nomenclature would make this much easier to navigate.

Again.... thank you for your help
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Username, not User number

optionally team number

then the PassKey I copy paste mine. (it is optional, but without it you will get way less Points Per Day)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
razyfolding

Post by razyfolding »

I want to ask about similar issue. Should I put the btc address provided by folding browser in my name for example (user_13xgh......) even if I fold with a team that gives me a specific username?
gunnarre

Post by gunnarre »

That is up to the project that offers rewards - it has nothing to do with Folding@Home itself. It treats a Dogecoin address as the username no different than if you put any other name there. You'll have to ask the reward site what their policy is. We can help you with any problems with the actual folding, and making sure you get the Quick-Return bonus. But F@H deals with points, not money.
Online: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1080, GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC, RX580 + occasional CPU folding in the cold.
Offline: Radeon HD 7770, GTX 960, GTX 950
bruce

Post by bruce »

That's a question for the folks the issue the cybercoins. FAH issues points which have no monetary value. The cybercoin folks accept FAH points as proof-of-work and they set the policies for names and for conversion factors. We provide support for FAHClient/WebControl/FAHControl/and FAHCore_xx