Urgent: Reject Project Button

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

John_D

Re: Urgent: Reject Project Button

Post by John_D »

Yeah, I did not know the process to emergency drop a unit, and the one given is rather extensive.
i agree that there should be a way to fix this situation, as bad WUs gened in a hurry have come to me also. I thought I had to purge FAH and reinstall-- which also works. But it does take longer to do that than to do what is explained here.
One Grasshopper here, folding away, and the time goes on-- with a bad gateway error when I try to determine what I have earned.
bruce

Re: Urgent: Reject Project Button

Post by bruce »

msp86 wrote:Me saying a researcher that makes 5 day work units should be dumped from the project.
FACT: You're still looking at an estimated completion date based on how rapidly you did the first 0.12% which isn't long enough to tell anything about how fast your hardware it. You HAVE to let it run about 1.0% before the software can project a completion date.

FACT: Some projects run for months or even years. Even assuming the projected completion time is correct (which it is not) you're only asked to do the first 5 days of it. When you complete it (in, say, 5 hours) somebody will be assigned the next 5 hours of that "months/years" duration. And maybe their hardware will be faster than yours and they'll do their share in 2 hours) so maybe the entire project won't take years after all.