Web Control screen continues to loop 'load'

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Blanckaert

Web Control screen continues to loop 'load'

Post by Blanckaert »

Web control screen loading in browser continuously loads (refreshing). (Chrome)
My F@H is not gettings WUs,
Cut from log: 18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
12:38:48:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

I understand with the jump in people running this that the WUs are in short supply. I did reinstall F@H thinking something went wrong. the advanced control page loads no issue.

anyone have any suggestions?
alxbelu

Re: Web Control screen continues to loop 'load'

Post by alxbelu »

There's an issue with Chrome (and Chrome-based browsers) and the web control; a workaround is to open the web control in an incognito window (just copy past the web control url).
Official F@H Twitter (frequently updated): https://twitter.com/foldingathome
Official F@H Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Foldinghome-136059519794607/

(I'm not affiliated with the F@H Team, just promoting these channels for official updates)
Harmin

Post by Harmin »

there is also the workaround by disabling cashing of the website, with F12 press the 3 dots at the top right and find disable cashing and then refresh and it will work
naldii24

Post by naldii24 »

came here to say that both solutions worked for me if anybody wonders.
Blanckaert

Post by Blanckaert »

thank you for the answers...
Agreysen

Post by Agreysen »

I'm having what I think might be a similar issues though I am using firefox.

For my last work unit and my current one, I have zero information. I tried to reset it to any before the last one completed as for now I would prefer to work on covid 19 if that is available. But when I check it (repeatedly) this is what I get. While I'm not really concerned about what it is working on, I am concerned that it is not telling me anything about it so I'm wondering if it is actually functioning properly given that this has happened for the last 24 hours. It seems to be running as it should. Does this sort of thing happen often? Do I need to do something on my end? Or does it not really matter what that says since it seems to be running as it should? Also, when I first access web control it says 0 work unit, 0.00 sec 0 estimated points. Again, I'm not concerned about points. Not really even sure what they do. But this seems kind of strange to me.
Thanks for your feedback!

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

What you show in your screen shot looks okay, you have two folding slots. One is processing a WU on your GPU, the "Loading" is the Web Control trying to load a project description. The WU is from a very recent project put up for COVID-19, but the description hasn't't been added by the researcher yet. They have been notified about the missing descriptions for the latest group of projects put up.

The slot for your CPU is waiting on getting an assignment, eventually it should get one.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3