AMD FX8320 @3.8GHz
Mushkin DDR3-2400MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 *GB OC 1375/2000MHz
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + 11TB's of HDD storage
Silverstone ST75F-P (750W) PSU & Silverstone raVen RV02B-W + USB3 Upgrade case

Web Control frustration

Post by Athlonite »

How do you turn this off permanently :?:
1: Tried editing the setting in the Advanced control \ Configure \ Expert to say :: Open Web Control :: false
2: I have even completely removed the setting
3: I have also edited the config.xml to say false to the open web control and made the file read only

none of these things work as everytime F@H starts it rewrites the config.xml to whatever it wants without regard to previous settings :x

I DON'T WANT THE STUPID WEB CONTROL AT ALL :!:

Ah never mind I checked the shortcut on my desktop and it was the culprit with - open web control switch I deleted that and all is well although it would be nice at installation time to be asked if i'd like the web control interface to open or not instead of just making it the default setting
Asus Strix X470F Gaming
AMD R7 3700
16GB GSkill trident Z DDR4-3200
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA SSD
Gigabyte RX580 8GB
muziqaz
Hardware configuration: 7950x3D, 5950x, 5800x3D, 3900x
7900xtx, Radeon 7, 5700xt, 6900xt, RX 550 640SP

Re: Web Control frustration

Post by muziqaz »

I understand that option to turn it off should be present in installation, but it is very easy just to click x on new browser tab which opened with web control and proceed using Advanced Control ;)
Besides, Web Control launches itself only when you manually start folding@home. Why not install it as a service and it will start whenever PC boots up. If you don't want fah to start folding straight away, you can pause the slots before you shut down your PC, and next time when you start your PC it will autostart, but in Paused mode. Then you just open Advanced Control whenever you want, and control things from there. When F@H starts with the PC, web control will not launch.
FAH Beta tester