Passkey and points

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

psjrg

Passkey and points

Post by psjrg »

Hi

If I have been using an identity without a passkey, will it reset my points (effectively make it a separate identitiy from the unpasskeyed version?)

I hope my questions is clear enough. I wasn't sure how to phrase it.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Passkey and points

Post by Jesse_V »

Nope, the points should go under the same username and team number that you had before. Those won't reset or go away. The points never reset or go down.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
psjrg

Post by psjrg »

Thanks. When I initially entered the passkey it showed my in-client points total go from 800,000 to 0. Perhaps i'll see if that corrects itself over time. I haven't done folding in about 10 years.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

psjrg wrote:Thanks. When I initially entered the passkey it showed my in-client points total go from 800,000 to 0. Perhaps i'll see if that corrects itself over time. I haven't done folding in about 10 years.
The in-client points are just an estimation. It should correct itself with the next workunit. The server should give you the proper amount of points depending on how quickly you return the workunit. Note that you can get bonus points from the passkey once you complete 10 workunits with an 80% successful return rate.

Welcome back to F@h!
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
jonault

Post by jonault »

When you enter a passkey, the web client stops showing you the points you earned before you started using the passkey. You don't lose the points, they just are not displayed any longer. If you click on the stats link, you will see the total including the non-passkey points.
Last edited by jonault on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psjrg

Post by psjrg »

Thanks all. Sounds like I have nothing to worry about.