VMWare ESXi

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

LyonAdmiral

VMWare ESXi

Post by LyonAdmiral »

Good Day,

I have available a PowerEdge server with quite a bit processing capacity and RAM. It is running VMWare ESXi and I've read something about there being a virtual appliance available and I wonder if someone or group of people might be willing to help me get it downloaded and going. I am technical, but just need a little nudge over the initial hurdle of download &/or configuration.

Thank you. I hope you are all safe wherever you are.

-Daniel
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: VMWare ESXi

Post by Jesse_V »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is a VMWare application for F@h, as I recall. It's not official or supported by us, but we could probably help you with the F@h software itself and any issues you encounter with it. There's a related thread here: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=33099&p=316893#p316893 which links to https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2020/03 ... on-os.html. In a quick read-through, it seems like pretty decent guide to me, although I will mention that Big Advanced projects (-bigadv) don't exist anymore so don't worry about that section of the instructions.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.