[Answered] My PC have not downloaded any WU for

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

k2000pvc

[Answered] My PC have not downloaded any WU for

Post by k2000pvc »

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community and would like to put my Ryzen 3700x + Radeon 5700 to contribution for the Covid-19 research and all the rest.
I have installed FAH yesterday and was able to successfully complete 9 WU but now I have not received a single WU for over 18 hours.
I have tried uninstalling / re-installing FAH to see if I did a configuration error while playing in the software but it does not fix the problem
Is the outage that bad or am I the one who did something?

*** Update: 2020-03-26 EST ***
I don't know if the re-installation fixed my problem but 5 minutes after the re-installation, I received a WU. I'm contributing again!
Last edited by k2000pvc on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: My PC have not downloaded any WU for

Post by Jesse_V »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The reason is that there's been a huge flood of new users to the network and the servers are simply flooded under the load. The teams are trying to fix that, so hopefully it settles out soon.

Related sticky threads:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=33193
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=32424
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Yujah

Re: My PC have not downloaded any WU for

Post by Yujah »

k2000pvc wrote: I don't know if the re-installation fixed my problem but 5 minutes after the re-installation, I received a WU. I'm contributing again!
The client's WU-request logic has a with each failed/denied request fast growing time until it attempts next. Supposedly only an issue currently what with the somewhat frequent WU shortage, this means that now that requests do in fact regularly fail simply due to no WU being available server-sides you easily get into a situation where there's multiple hours between even requests for a WU from your computer to a work server. You can in the "Advanced Control" display monitor the "Next Attempt" field for a queue in Download state to see this happening.

But that's to say: it would've supposedly also worked to just pause and restart the queue(s), as that also resets that client-sides request-time logic :D
k2000pvc

Re: [Answered] My PC have not downloaded any WU for

Post by k2000pvc »

Thank you all for your answers! It's been very informative