Username not showing on the donor list

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

TatanaAltova

Username not showing on the donor list

Post by TatanaAltova »

When I try to look up the name (TatanaAltova) I use for folding by using the search field at Donor page (not "Donor monthly"), it shows "No results," as if my account wasn't in the database.

Strangely enough, clicking the link in the Folding client leads me to my profile at the foldingathome page, which does show that my credits are tracked down correctly (7,829 atm).

Even more strangely, my page just shows "Overall rank (if points are combined) 0 of 1,915,778," as if I wasn't in the database anyway (displaying "0" rather than a number between "1" and the number of users).

What could be the reason one part of the system doesn't seem to know about the existence of my account?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Username not showing on the donor list

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

There have been a number of changes to the way the stats lookups work over the last year. Some of those changes were to control the load on the database and the frontend system that queries it. One result is that some ways of looking up your various F@h stats will either not show anything until you have been active long enough or have reached thresholds for points or rank.

At this time I and the other moderators have not heard back from the developer on what those thresholds are. They may be subject to change as well, and some might be removed in the future. Currently the developer is busy updating the servers, so it may be a while before he gets back to the stats.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
TatanaAltova

Post by TatanaAltova »

Oh, I see, thanks.
madgraphic

Post by madgraphic »

Hi,

Same problem here: I'm active since August, but my stats don't show.

My FAH username is madgraphic.
When I click on my name in the identity pannel of FAHcontrol, the result is: not found :e(
I'm a member of team 86565 but I don't appear on that list either.

This is a bit frustrating.
Have I done something wrong in my setup?

Thanks for your help,
madgraphic
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum madgraphic.

Checking the various databases connected to folding and WU's returned, I can only find an entry that indicates you downloaded a WU that was never returned. Has your client ever completed a WU and returned it? Credits are only given for completed ones.

If you have completed and returned WU's, please post some of your log file entries. We would need the beginning 2-300 lines showing your hardware and folding configuration and sections showing the download and return of a WU. Directions on how do find and post from your log files depending on which OS can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26036.

madgraphic

Post by madgraphic »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm surprised I have not completed at least one WU yet, since I started in mid August IIRC.

I had a look at the old logs and they show the following :
Sep. 13: WU #14153 at 71%
Sep. 14: switched to WU 14218 at a very low completion level.

Does that mean that one can contribute to 71% on a WU and then lose that benefit (if someone else completes it?)
PS: I would have posted the logs, but for an unknown reason I can't open the FULL-EDITOR...)
bruce

Post by bruce »

A WU which gets to 71% and then expires is, in fact, deleted and assigned to someone else. We strongly discourage starting a WU that you cannot be completed by the deadline, not only because you don't get credit, but also because that delays the entire trajectory. WUs are only assigned to one person and must be completed before the next Gen can be created.

Deadlines ARE important. WUs that are abandoned are expensive to science.

FAHControl does have an option for FINISH which will continue to process the current WU until it is completed and the result is uploaded, but your computer needs to keep working on it until that happens. Then the slot will PAUSE without getting a new WU.
madgraphic

Post by madgraphic »

OK, duly noted, thank you for your reply!
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

In addition to what Bruce has mentioned, if you post the beginning section of your log file to show your hardware and folding configuration in a new topic here we can look it over and give you ideas on how you can successfully complete WU's.

Meki01
Hardware configuration: WIN7 HP / Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz / 16 GB RAM / AMD RX-570P8DFD6
WIN10 pro / AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 16 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Folding since 03 2020 - not always, always more often

Post by Meki01 »

Hello! I have been working with a Windows PC and two Android tablets on the folding @ home project for three days. Unfortunately I cannot find any of my names in the statistics. I have already successfully sent 6 WU's. Why is it? Thanks for the quick help!

I am folding as Meki01, as NellitheDuck and as foldingathommeki01
Sorry for my bad english - google translator says hello :-)
WIN7 HP / Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz / 16 GB RAM / AMD RX-570P8DFD6
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

I just checked on Meki01, and see entries in the database for that username, you should be able to see stats reports for that.

The Sony Android client was never integrated into the F@h stats. No further development on that client has been done since Sony discontinued support and released the code to open source.

Meki01
Hardware configuration: WIN7 HP / Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz / 16 GB RAM / AMD RX-570P8DFD6

Post by Meki01 »

If I go to https://stats.foldingathome.org/donors and type in Meki01 under the name "is like", I get "No Results" as the result. Also with "starts with" or "is exactly" ...
szegy

Post by szegy »

Hi,

same problem here. I'm folding as szegy for team# 223518, but there is no donor with that alias on the list. I have completed two task already.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

Go to apps.foldingathome.org, there are several apps available there. The Recent CPUs will give a list of the most recent return from each of your CPU or GPU folding slots. Meki01, that shows two slots, one each. szegy, nothing has yet been entered int to database it may take a while longer.

Team stats get updated first, the individual stats take longer.

They are aware re of some stats not showing up and looking into that is on the list to be followed up on. Eventually all stats updates will get entered and points credited to the persons who earned them.

Meki01

Post by Meki01 »

@Joe_H: THX