I get why W/U's are hard to come by, but this?!

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Unclebadtouch

I get why W/U's are hard to come by, but this?!

Post by Unclebadtouch »

I know why all of our folding is shit. We can either suck it up or cry into our Cheerios. I'm doing a little of both. But I'm not getting credit for many of the W/U's I am getting. I'm talking several hundred thousands of points.
When I 1st started folding 3.5 year's ago, I learned there was a way to look at one's folding LOG. Didn't understand what I was looking at, so I haven't looked at one in years. I think I need to start learning how to interpret one a little, At least enough to know why I'm not getting my folding W/U points. My 1st challenge is to know how to find my logs, again. I forgot how in all this time.

Anyone wish to give me some guidance?
Rel25917

Re: I get why W/U's are hard to come by, but this?!

Post by Rel25917 »

Like the work servers the stats server is overloaded, points will show up eventually. Logs are in the data directory, available through start menu on windows, also current log can be seen through advanced control.
ajm

Post by ajm »

The log can best be accessed in the Client Advanced Control (tab Log in the main window).
Right now, the stats are delayed because the servers are too busy. But you can check the number of WUs registered here: https://apps.foldingathome.org/bonus
uyaem

Post by uyaem »

Points are credited late because (in order)
  • collection servers cannot currently award points, only after the work unit server is done processing your result, you'll get the points (see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33072&start=15#p319257)
  • stats servers are under heavy load (= causes delay)
  • some stats overview pages are updated periodically
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (1x21 CPUs) ~ GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super (Asus)
Unclebadtouch

Post by Unclebadtouch »

Thanks for the guidance, fellas.
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Post by Nathan_P »

the stats server needed restarting, its back up and running but it currently has 950k WU to add to the database so you should see points soon.
extide

Post by extide »

They just processed the credit for over 1.1M WU's -- looks like that included about 150 WU's of mine. Hopefully things will stay a bit more on track now...