F@H Mobile Monitoring for iPad

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

treckin

Re: F@H Mobile Monitoring for iPad

Post by treckin »

Wanted to say thank you for this app, works really well.

As a tip, I would add a note in the app UI when adding clients that client hosts may require a full system restart before populating.

I didn't test, it could be only the network stack that needs restarting, but TBH a system restart is simpler.
Nirvana

Post by Nirvana »

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for making this app! Are there any plans for new features or releases? I've noticed a few crashes every now and then when pausing / starting clients.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Is there a version for Android?

If not, can somebody volunteer to port it?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The author of this app has not checked in on the forum for a while, contacting through the info on his website may get a response.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

bruce wrote:Is there a version for Android?

If not, can somebody volunteer to port it?
No Android ... I actually made it once until the viewer on Android with OpenGL but my lack of experience and willingness to learn Android just stopped me to finish the whole thing. Porting will not be possible as the code is really iOS specific and not really made for portability.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
treckin

Post by treckin »

I am no expert but I would imagine there are wrappers for deploying nearly unmodified iOS/Swift projects to Android, albeit with a performance hit. Seeing as the features of your app don’t really require low latency/high performance, there may be a nearly plug and play solution, if you’re at all interested in picking it back up.

I’m a iOS user, so I would not be able to test.
Steamfire

Post by Steamfire »

Would you please make some CLUE in the FAHMM app as to what is going on when you are trying to connect the mobile app to an FAH client?!?!? I just enter in some details in the mobile app, after trying to configure my computer client............... And then what??? Nothing happens. Did it try to connect to the computer? Did it not? Do I have control over telling it to start trying to connect???

WTF man, you make a useful piece of software and then make it nearly impossible for a new user to figure out how to get it started.
Neil-B
Hardware configuration: 1: 2x Xeon E5-2697v3@2.60GHz, 512GB DDR4 LRDIMM, SSD Raid, Win10 Ent 20H2, Quadro K420 1GB, FAH 7.6.21
2: Xeon E3-1505Mv5@2.80GHz, 32GB DDR4, NVME, Win10 Pro 20H2, Quadro M1000M 2GB, FAH 7.6.21 (actually have two of these)
3: i7-960@3.20GHz, 12GB DDR3, SSD, Win10 Pro 20H2, GTX 750Ti 2GB, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, FAH 7.6.21

Post by Neil-B »

Steamfire wrote:Would you please make some CLUE in the FAHMM app as to what is going on when you are trying to connect the mobile app to an FAH client?!?!? I just enter in some details in the mobile app, after trying to configure my computer client............... And then what??? Nothing happens. Did it try to connect to the computer? Did it not? Do I have control over telling it to start trying to connect???

WTF man, you make a useful piece of software and then make it nearly impossible for a new user to figure out how to get it started.
You might get better responses from members of the forum if you dial back the attitude a bit? … Most tools are developed by hobbyists/enthusiasts who have made them for their own benefit (and guess what - they know how they work) and shared them with other enthusiasts who would like to use them (and who are prepared to work with the originators to adapt them to their own circumstances).

I might suggest that if you want a fully featured, gold plated experience you could code up one yourself?
2x Xeon E5-2697v3, 512GB DDR4 LRDIMM, SSD Raid, W10-Ent, Quadro K420
Xeon E3-1505Mv5, 32GB DDR4, NVME, W10-Pro, Quadro M1000M
i7-960, 12GB DDR3, SSD, W10-Pro, GTX1080Ti
i9-10850K, 64GB DDR4, NVME, W11-Pro, RTX3070

(Green/Bold = Active)
ipkh

Post by ipkh »

I heartily recommend a Remote Desktop app and a hfm.net running on a Windows pc. Or just RDP to the computer running the fahclient softwate.
Nirvana

Post by Nirvana »

Steamfire wrote:Would you please make some CLUE in the FAHMM app as to what is going on when you are trying to connect the mobile app to an FAH client?!?!? I just enter in some details in the mobile app, after trying to configure my computer client............... And then what??? Nothing happens. Did it try to connect to the computer? Did it not? Do I have control over telling it to start trying to connect???
What part are you stuck on?
idk where you're at in the process, but a few things need to be configured on the client before the app will connect.
Ensure you have remote access enabled in the settings.
•Take note of the port that's in use under Advanced Control > Configure > Connection (usually 36330)
Then under Advanced Control > Configure > Remote Access:
•Make up a password
•Ensure your local subnet AND 127.0.0.1 are entered into the "IP Address Restriction" box. i.e.

Code: Select all

192.168.0.0/24,127.0.0.1
Now enter those in the app:
•Client name - computer name, i.e. Folding-01, gaming_rig, etc.
•Hostname / IP - the IP Address or DNS name of the computer you're trying to control via the app
•Port: Enter the port you found earlier (again, usually 36330)
•Password - Enter the password you came up with earlier
•Active - Is the machine running the folding app right now? (just slide this to "yes / orange")
•Ignore pretty much everything else, unless you're using SSH keys.

Hope this helps
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

ipkh wrote:I heartily recommend a Remote Desktop app and a hfm.net running on a Windows pc. Or just RDP to the computer running the fahclient softwate.
Just be careful with RDP and GPU folding since creating a RDP session to a system that's folding on the GPU will kill the GPU Slot... it's a Microsoft limitation.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
ChristianVirtual

Ok; after a longer break in folding and xcoding the app I have both up and running again ... took a while.
Good news: I still can compile the code and can try to work on some of the topics like UI, notch etc.
Bad news: I'm rather busy with my changed job

So please be a bit patient with me; but will try to make the app more sensitive on folder joining the cause in the recent time.
ImageImage
AnClar

Post by AnClar »

ChristianVirtual wrote:Ok; after a longer break in folding and xcoding the app I have both up and running again ... took a while.
Good news: I still can compile the code and can try to work on some of the topics like UI, notch etc.

So please be a bit patient with me; but will try to make the app more sensitive on folder joining the cause in the recent time.
Thanks for your continued work on this app. I'm really finding it helpful in monitoring multiple folding systems. So I have a quick question...is the app capable of picking up a folding system on the same subnet, but a different wifi SSID? When I moved one of my systems to a repeater with a different wifi SSID on the same subnet because of a signal strength issue I can't seem to get that system to come up in the monitor app where it did before, when it was on the same wifi network. Thanks again!
ChristianVirtual

AnClar wrote:
ChristianVirtual wrote:Ok; after a longer break in folding and xcoding the app I have both up and running again ... took a while.

Thanks for your continued work on this app. I'm really finding it helpful in monitoring multiple folding systems. So I have a quick question...is the app capable of picking up a folding system on the same subnet, but a different wifi SSID? When I moved one of my systems to a repeater with a different wifi SSID on the same subnet because of a signal strength issue I can't seem to get that system to come up in the monitor app where it did before, when it was on the same wifi network. Thanks again!
That is nothing the app (or any app) could do. The app require that the respective folding clients can be reached. If you want/need multiple SSID you would need to establish the routing between both segments. Just having the same network number range will not do it. One possible way might be to cascade the WiFi router to connect the WAN slot of the second router (with different network range) to one LAN port of the first router. The second router via DCHP should pickup IP address from first router and become the connection between both segment. But that is rough and might not work and is sure beyond what I can support. Again: I’m not aware that I could even code anything to make that happen given multiple limitations in iOS.
ImageImage
AnClar

Post by AnClar »

Yeah...no worries...I'll do some work on my own network and see what I can come up with.