My main folding account seems to have been deleted

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Brainiac5

My main folding account seems to have been deleted

Post by Brainiac5 »

Have been folding on the account DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA and checked and it says my last work unit was in 2018 but I have been folding for quite awhile now and I guess not receiving credit for any of them. I tried to password reset but it says the email and account name don't exist any help would be appreciated. I have the passkey email with that username in it on the email I used to submit the password reset.
Darth_Peter_dualxeon
Hardware configuration: EVGA SR-2 motherboard
2x Xeon x5670 CPU
64 GB ECC DDR3
Nvidia RTX 2070

Re: My main folding account seems to have been deleted

Post by Darth_Peter_dualxeon »

Hi, it really seems that you have sent the last work unit on that name in 2018.
did you reistall something?
is everything properly configured? check for typo? (probably in worst case you have been contributing anonymously)
parkut
Hardware configuration: Running exclusively Linux headless blades. All are dedicated crunching machines.

Post by parkut »

what username do you find inside config.xml ?

00:48:28: <!-- User Information -->
00:48:28: <passkey v='********************************'/>
00:48:28: <team v='4'/>
00:48:28: <user v='parkut'/>
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

<!-- User Information -->
18:28:38: <passkey v='********************************'/>
18:28:38: <team v='224497'/>
18:28:38: <user v='DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA'/>

Edit 1:I don't understand what I could be doing wrong I mean I just copy paste the username and then I know the email that is tied to it because I have the passkey email still sitting in my inbox and it just says not found when I try to reset it and the passkey is correct also
Edit 2: The email for the account DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA should be REDACTED if that helps
Last edited by PantherX on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed PII
rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

Post by rwh202 »

Are these your stats:
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=729353

The official stats pages are barely fit for purpose and have taken a back seat in development. Numbers rarely add up and different intervals for processing and caching make them unreliable.
SeanPearce44

Post by SeanPearce44 »

Are there any backup "config-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.xml" files in the %APPDATA%\FAHClient\configs directory - and can you check back to see if there were any changes to your user name and when?
(Totally assuming Windows here - Linux Equivalent if your on that platform).
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

SeanPearce44 wrote:Are there any backup "config-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.xml" files in the %APPDATA%\FAHClient\configs directory - and can you check back to see if there were any changes to your user name and when?
(Totally assuming Windows here - Linux Equivalent if your on that platform).
There are backups but they all have the same info. It appears the F@H site isn't updating like another user said but that doesn't solve me being locked out of the account :P

Edit 1: Gone through every email address I have and none are able to recover the password to the username.
Edit 2: Logging in with a password returned the error "You have specified an incorrect username. Please check your username and try again." I guess they changed the naming rules at some point and now I can no longer access my account. I am copy pasting it without heading or tailing spaces to ensure its correct.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. FAH user names do not have passwords nor do they need to be unlocked. If I enter your name into my client, I should be able to donate points to that name. FAH teams do have passwords. FAH Passkeys are yet another matter.

If you are talking about a password to your cybercoins, that's not a FAH issue at all.

What are a few PRCG numbers for WUs you've completed recently?
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

I'm talking about my forums account like the one I am signed in on and writing you with now, I have one for that account but I can no longer get into it.
Edit 1: project:14562 run:0 clone:1660 gen:5 core:0x22 unit:0x0000000780fccb025e9615bbbac703f6
project:11743 run:0 clone:2918 gen:7 core:0x22 unit:0x0000000c8ca304f15e69d34019b1f309
project:11745 run:0 clone:2584 gen:4 core:0x22 unit:0x0000000a8ca304f15e6a027fcce2b9de
bruce

Post by bruce »

OK. We have two issues, then, neither of which did I address above.

1) a lost Userid and/or password for Foldingforum.org
What name do you remember that you have lost? It is not necessarily related to the name you use in FAHClient unless you decided to make them similar and it would have had that long key-like ID attached to it.
2) Support for getting your client installed and processing WUs.
Have you downloaded the software from https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/ and attempted to install it? If so, what happened?

If it was successful and you started folding, what progress have you made?

Anybody can receive support here, whether you've used the same name here and on your client is not important.
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

1) DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA I thought I made the username the same in both for the forum and the client.
2) My client works and I put some finished work units in the post above. The issue I was seeing was the F@H website wasn't reflecting I was completing anything but that appears to just be a website issue as the other site(https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=729353) is showing them being done.

Really I just want to be able to log into the account for DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA

Edit 1: clarified first statement.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I have four names that fit Drew* with from 1 to 7 letters after that name. None of them are DrewWeeks
when did you join foldingforum.org?

You can re-register with no great loss except a history of the support questions you asked.

You still have accumulated quite a number of points in the official stats. Go to https://stats.foldingathome.org/donors and enter
StartsWith
DrewWeeks

Since we know that none of the members at foldingforumorg are DrewWeeks, I can rename the account for Brainiac5 to DrewWeeks.

that will give you ownership of the 11 posts you've made here recently. It has nothing to do with what you see in your FAH software.
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

4/1/17 3:58am is when DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA was created I have the passkey on my email REDACTED
Last edited by PantherX on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed PII
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

Well I do have another account under the name DrewWeeks but there is no way to issue new passkeys or anything for DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA anymore? Do you know what username or email its under? I guess to be clear I won't be able to log into DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA again?
bruce

Post by bruce »

The same passkey can be used for more than one account or you can get a new one if you want.
As far as FAH points are concerned. If you have used {Name1+Passkey1}, you can change to {Name1+Passkey2} or to {Name2+Passkey1} or to {Name2+Passkey2}. Whenever you change EITHER passkey or name, you'll have to complete 10 more non-bonus WU before the QRB starts. I do not know how that is related to what your cybercoin account sees the results.

As far as retreiving a forgotten passkey is concerned, if you re-enter the same name and password into the passkey assignment screen, it will reissue the same passkey. Is that what's not working for you?