Always receiving a fraction of the "final credite estimate"

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

esCalculated

Always receiving a fraction of the "final credite estimate"

Post by esCalculated »

Hey guys, :)

I am new to the F@H-community and I have never really been a fan of Forums because there is always a person who shouts at other people that this is the wrong topic/group. And I am probably doing it wrong too ...
Anyways since this is the only way I can reach the support:

My computer has been folding for quite some time now but after I finished some jobs and started to switch from Anonymous to a real username, I am only getting a fraction of the coins that the system tells me to get.
Do not get me wrong: It is not like I am only doing this for the prestige but I am wondering now if I am even doing it right.
When I am looking at the Top-Donors website, everyone is getting more than 1000 coins for every WU but if you are looking at mine (donor/esCalculated), you can not really tell, right? And this number is even higher than the 5000 coins that are listed on my client. (Sorry, I am not allowed to post websites yet.)

In case anyone can give me back my points, I still have the log with the earnings. If not: Is anyone able to give me a solution for my problem or can tell me if I am doing it wrong? Thanks for any help in advance!

Best regards!
thecomputerdude

Re: Always receiving a fraction of the "final credite estima

Post by thecomputerdude »

Have you set up a passkey for your donor name yet? To be eligible for the point multiplier you'd need the passkey correctly entered into each folding client.
Rel25917

Post by Rel25917 »

You need 10 work units returned with your username/passkey combo to receive the bonus, it looks like you just hit 10 so you should start receiving the full credit estimate now.
bruce

Post by bruce »

You mention "coins" and you may be using that word in a figurative way or a literal way.

FAH awards "points" and the answers above address them.

If you're actually talking about cybercoins, FAH does not award them. There are, however sites which do award them who happen to base their coins on FAH's points. You'll have to discuss those issues with the support people at their site.
esCalculated

Post by esCalculated »

Hello again, thank you very much for your answers.

At the time were I had to wait for my post to get verified I also found the 10 WU's rule and that is probably what I was missing. But still I only received 100 points for my 12th WU. I hope this will change for the next ones.
And yes, I set up a passkey/got one from an email and put it in the Web Control. And when I am receiving this message:

Code: Select all

17:31:41:WU01:FS02:Final credit estimate, 165286.00 points
It means that I will get this after I did 10 WU's as the result of base credits + bonus points, right?
bruce wrote:You mention "coins" and you may be using that word in a figurative way or a literal way.
Yes, I did. I kinda mixed up with credits and points and ended up with coins. :e?:

But there is one question left for me:
Why does my Web Control score differ from my score @stats.foldingathome?

Again thank you for your assistance and I hope that the next scores I hit will be the estimated ones.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Welcome to the F@H Forum esCalculated,

The Web Control shows points that are calculated on the username and passkey (if entered) basis. Here's the site where you can check how many points and WUs you have completed: https://apps.foldingathome.org/bonus
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

In addition, Web Control and FAHControl do not have a check on whether or not a username/passkey pair entered into the client has been qualified for the bonus. So the estimates are just based on if there is a passkey entered. So for the first 10 WUs, the estimated points are not what you will get, just the base points shown for the WU.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Knish

Post by Knish »

after the 10 WU are successful, are those bonus points for them retroactively applied?
parkut
Hardware configuration: Running exclusively Linux headless blades. All are dedicated crunching machines.

Post by parkut »

Bonus points are are not applied retroactively.