Stopping a fold

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mjmiller1824

Stopping a fold

Post by mjmiller1824 »

FAH grabbed the wrong gpu on startup and is reporting about 18hrs to completion. I can not let it go for 18 hours. How do I kill a fold permanently. I set up FAH so it doesn't do it again but I need to stop this fold.
uyaem

Re: Stopping a fold

Post by uyaem »

If you turn off FAH, it will resume (near) the location where it left off, so it will complete eventually, and quite possibly before it times out.
The other option is to identify the the Work Queue ID, you will find a directory with that name. Exit FAHClient, then remove that directory.
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (1x21 CPUs) ~ GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super (Asus)
Jan

Post by Jan »

Is letting it work in phases no option? You can pause the fold, shut down your computer and resume the next day.
mjmiller1824

Post by mjmiller1824 »

@uyaem thanks the work queue ID is what I need. @Jan, no it's grabbed the low powered Intel GPU, and it gets very hot very quickly. It needs to run on the Nvidia 1060. If I could have just figured out how to manually swap it over that would have been fine too but no such luck.
uyaem

Post by uyaem »

Hmm something doesn't add up, folding on Intel GPUs is not supported. Can you please provide some logs?
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (1x21 CPUs) ~ GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super (Asus)
mjmiller1824

Post by mjmiller1824 »

I can't I ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling it, unless the logs might be hiding somewhere, the Intel GPU was the only showing activity though and the name of the GPU was given as XXX rather than the 106M and the fan for the 1060 wasn't on. Which it always is when folding.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The logs are kept in the same data directory as other FAH files. When FAH is restarted the previous log is moved into a subdirectory called logs with a name containing the date and time and a new log is started.
bruce

Post by bruce »

What's strange is that I know nothing about any projects which have ever been assigned that would work on an Intel GPU.

The log should have mentioned Project/Run/Clone/Gen numbers and a FAHCore might have downloaded to process it.