My main folding account seems to have been deleted

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Brainiac5

Re: My main folding account seems to have been deleted

Post by Brainiac5 »

No I just can't get into anything for that account as far as I know now after seeing results are actually being recorded everything is working except for the password reset for that account.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Where/what are you doing when you try to reset the password?
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

go to ucp.php?mode=sendpassword
type in username DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA
email REDACTED
click submit
Then I get the error "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found."

Edit 1: Good news my stats page is updating =)
Last edited by PantherX on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed PII
rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

Post by rwh202 »

You seem to be confused about passkeys, passwords, and the different account and usernames.

An admin has already confirmed that 'DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA' is not a recognised username here on foldingforum.org

Attempting to reset the password will not work for that reason.

'DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA' is your entirely unrelated username that you use in the folding@home client. That application does not use passwords.

You have a passkey that is tied to that name and the email address you used to generate it and is used for the Quick Return Bonus, nothing else.
puuteknikko

Post by puuteknikko »

And to emphasise; the passkey is not a password or a security key in the normal sense. It's more like a calculated hash value which is used to identify you from all the other folders.
Ryzen 3900X, 12c/24t @ 3.8GHz
Brainiac5

Post by Brainiac5 »

rwh202 wrote:You seem to be confused about passkeys, passwords, and the different account and usernames.

An admin has already confirmed that 'DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA' is not a recognised username here on foldingforum.org

Attempting to reset the password will not work for that reason.

'DrewWeeks_ALL_18Ley5QcWG7GhwG3K6H4ZXzaqsbYqABpJA' is your entirely unrelated username that you use in the folding@home client. That application does not use passwords.

You have a passkey that is tied to that name and the email address you used to generate it and is used for the Quick Return Bonus, nothing else.
Okay thank you so much for the clarification I was misunderstanding, then how would I go about recovering a forgotten username?