AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH

Post requests to add new GPUs to the official whitelist here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Re: AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Glad you got it figured out. It seems like an unusual setup with Intel and AMD both on board the die, but with dedicated memory as well. Interesting stuff when you get digging.

Let us know how well it gets through work units.
Fold them if you get them!
jwh212

Post by jwh212 »

Update: I played around with it some more and tried turning the Intel Graphics module back on in BIOS, interestingly, it didnt show it as a separate FAHbench graphics card like when I was using the v22 and newer Adrenaline drivers direct from AMD, however I feel it is giving me some ability to multitask doing office computing tasks. no impact on FAH at all. so it seems like with the older 18x driver from Intel via the download link I provided in a previous post you do not need to disable the Intel graphics.

I am monitoring the AMD forums to see if they will be fixing this issue with updated AMD drivers, I would like to keep them current. If there is any news on the AMD side, I will update posts here related to Hades Canyon.

I am able to work remotely in Citrix all day fine, with no noticeable delays with CPU folding set to max and youtube playing locally at HD levels, it sits at around 300,000 points per day combined, if I do absolutely nothing with the PC it will gradually rise to around 330,000 PPD. If I am doing a lot of graphics on the PC locally it might go down to 280,000 or so. I dont really do too much gaming so it seems like I am really not stressing the system at all.

jiashiuan

Post by jiashiuan »

jwh212 wrote:Update: I played around with it some more and tried turning the Intel Graphics module back on in BIOS, interestingly, it didnt show it as a separate FAHbench graphics card like when I was using the v22 and newer Adrenaline drivers direct from AMD, however I feel it is giving me some ability to multitask doing office computing tasks. no impact on FAH at all. so it seems like with the older 18x driver from Intel via the download link I provided in a previous post you do not need to disable the Intel graphics.
Great! Sorry I've missed earlier posts and messages. I got some troubles with my Hades Canyon. Maybe it's somehow off-topic... Still i would like to let you know.

First, sorry about the driver version. At first, the Adrenalin (2020 March version) looks fine. However I got system unstable , even locked up when playing games. After trying several different version of drivers, I rolled back to Intel provided one. Newer is not better. :?

Next I got randomly power shut down. At first, I thought my Hades Canyon is dead and contacted the local dealer for repair. Just before that I surprisingly found the case was so hot. So I checked BIOS again, finally found that my fans did not reach it's maximum RPM.

At FaH running with high loading on both CPU and GPU, the temperature was rising rapidly. Since they are packaged together, and NUC has such a compact design, my system temperature is too high to make the system shut down.

Unlike common desktop computer, here are two large system fans in Hades Canyon, instead of CPU and GPU fans. That's why GPU-Z or some monitor software cannot get correct fan / temperature readings. So, if you are running FaH with 7 CPU and GPU, you might check the temperature and fans RPM for better thermal releasing.