Shut off Win 10 'Game Mode' for F@H also?

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

kwthom

Shut off Win 10 'Game Mode' for F@H also?

Post by kwthom »

This showed up in my news feed yesterday:

https://www.pcgamer.com/try-turning-off ... -freezing/

Well, this may be useful also for crunching. My system has been running 12+ hours with no freezing or other issues. I'm still in a under-clocked and under-voltage state, but this has also been helpful for limiting thermal issues here in the heat of springtime here in the desert.

Somebody else smarter than I am can explain. You can search my other posts here about the RX 580 issues I've been arm wrestling for the last month.
JimboPalmer

Re: Shut off Win 10 'Game Mode' for F@H also?

Post by JimboPalmer »

Just a comment, to get the best help, put all your posts in one thread, so folks don't have to get the log repeatedly to know HOW to help, and know what has already been tried.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Re: Shut off Win 10 'Game Mode' for F@H also?

Post by foldy »

Windows 10 Game mode changes the process priorities to help 3D games - sometimes it makes it worse. I guess it will not help or disturb FAH on GPU or CPU. But if you run a game concurrently with FAH then maybe Win10 game mode ON/OFF can make a difference.