A question

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

LeonardRenner

A question

Post by LeonardRenner »

Try and Test Top 3 Best Breast Pumps

Nowadays, breast pumps have become a product that any busy mom cannnot live without. It is a perfect solution for you who need to go back to work and but feed your baby there as well.

Many brands bring you a diverse breast pump models with a wide range. Choosing the best breast pump for working moms Image can be based on price, brand, or personal preferences. So here are some suggestions to help you to choose the right one for yourself.

Best Travel Breast Pump - Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump

Light and easy to use are the two key criteria when looking for the best travel breast pump. Philips Avent Comfort is ranked top No. 1 because of its portability and no need to charge. You also get a travel cover to keep it clean in as you carry it in your luggage.

This model by Philips is not only the best travel breast pump but also highly-ranked in the manual pumps category. It has some useful features, such as the ergonomic handle and massage cushion, making it comfortable and easy to use, while some other manual breast pumps hurt your hand or make it cramp up.

Besides, you can buy various sizes of comfort pads, and the pump is compatible with other Avent products. The average breast pump ratings for the Avent Comfort are about 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Lots of moms choose this product because it is super quick and easy to clean.

Best Wearable Breast Pump - Willow Generation 3 Breast Pump

If you are seeking a high-tech pumping model, the Willow Generation 3 can meet your needs. This wearable breast pump brings you a hands-free using experience when the only things you need are the pump cups. Just slip these cups right into your bra and go about your day as you pump.

Other plus points of this Willow product is that it is is quiet, spill-proof, and discreet. Most reviews on Image best-rated breast pumps of Willow are positive. One verified customer says: "It gives you so much freedom and saves your time, so even though it is expensive I still choose it."

Best Double Electric Breast Pump - Medela Pump In Style Double Electric Breast Pump

An electric pump is the ideal choice for moms who regularly express their milk as it is faster than a manual pump, allowing you to express and store more breast milk in a shorter space of time. It is also ideal for mothers who are always busy and have limited time.

Medela is one of the popular breast pump brands throughout the world. This brand offers a wide range of products, but the Medela’s Pump In Style is the best in the lower price range. A full backpack, including a battery pack, plug-in adapter, and cooler pack for expressed milk makes it adaptable to many different situations.

★★★ See Also: What Is The Best Breast Pump Image

Here are three different reviews on breast pumps based on user requirements. You can consider more questions about this product like frequency of use, affordability, or how fast you need it to work to help you make the best choice. Once you find your model, take your time to learn how it works, and become comfortable with it. Let's make an easy life by using a suitable breast pump today.
Last edited by LeonardRenner on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Re: A question

Post by PantherX »

Welcome to the F@H Forum LeonardRenner,

I am not sure what model your new GPU was. However, for AMD, there are Projects that are limited to one set of hardware than the other simply because there's a technical limitation where Navi doesn't run FahCore_21 while non-Navi GPUs can run FahCore_21. Thus, if the WU was FahCore_21 and you upgraded to a Navi GPU, then dumping the WU is expected.

Generally speaking, it is recommended to finish folding WUs (use the Finish option in Advanced Control) when upgrading hardware. If in doubt, ask in the Forum or finish :)
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Which WU were you folding on the HD 5550? That GPU does not support Double Precision (FP64) and was removed from the supported list a while ago.

But in any case, while it might be desirable that a WU continue on with a different GPU, architectural changes between generations usually mean there is a chance that the calculations will be different.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!

Your HD 5550 is a card in the Terascale family, they used instructions called VLIW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeraScale ... chitecture)#TeraScale_2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_long ... ction_word

After 3 generations of Terascale, AMD used GCN Instructions for 5 generations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Core_Next

Most recently, AMD has moved to another instruction set named RDNA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDNA_(microarchitecture)

None of these are interchangeable, and none are interchangeable with the various Nvidia or Intel GPUs.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends