Confusion about username and passkey (name changed, key not)

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

realdoe

Confusion about username and passkey (name changed, key not)

Post by realdoe »

Hi all,

I am a new user (contributing till March) and have the client installed on about 20 different machines at home and work.

I tried finding an answer to my question in the FAQ and passkey page but couldnt make sense of it, so I am looking for help here.

When I started folding, I submitted my Username and mail-address and received a passkey.
I am using this same passkey on ALL devices, but I am using a different username than the one that I had picked when registering for a passkey back then.

Will this lead to a problem somehow?

Thanks for any hints :)
BR
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Confusion about username and passkey (name changed, key

Post by Joe_H »

realdoe wrote:Will this lead to a problem somehow?
No. The only thing that happens is that each pair of an username and that passkey has to return 10 WUs before the Quick Return Bonus gets awarded for timely returns

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
realdoe

Post by realdoe »

Joe_H wrote:
realdoe wrote:Will this lead to a problem somehow?
No. The only thing that happens is that each pair of an username and that passkey has to return 10 WUs before the Quick Return Bonus gets awarded for timely returns
Thanks Joe!

To clarify:
I did not submit 10 work units with the combination of the original username and passkey, but I submitted 138 work units with the new username and old passkey.

Does that mean the Quick Return Bonus is activated? Is there any way to verify whether its activated?
parkut
Hardware configuration: Running exclusively Linux headless blades. All are dedicated crunching machines.

Post by parkut »

check your username here - there is a column that shows whether a bonus was granted or not

https://apps.foldingathome.org/cpu
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

First to clarify, there is no connection made in the stats between the username and email used to get a passkey.

With 138 WUs returned, the first 10 would just get base points and the ones after that would be eligible for the bonus as long as they were returned before the Timeout. WUs returned between the Timeout value and the Deadline would get base points.

You can use the apps from apps.foldingathome.org to check on this. Bonus Status will return info on how many WUs have been returned and whether the username and passkey is eligible for bonus.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3