Passkey too short

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

sophieblue

Passkey too short

Post by sophieblue »

I received my passkey. It is 30 digits long. When I enter it into the Passkey box in the Change Identity popup, it says the passkey must be 32 digits long.
bruce

Re: Passkey too short

Post by bruce »

That's strange. I've never seen a passkey that had blanks in it. Send me the folding name and email by PM and I'll discuss it with the developer.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The one you sent me was 32 digits long.
sophieblue

Post by sophieblue »

I can't connect to the Local Folding@home web client. Task Manager has client.exe and 2 instances of corewrapper.exe showing as running. I've cleared history and cache and tried directly connecting.
ajm

Post by ajm »

What do you see when you click http://client.foldingathome.org/ ?
Can you access Advanced Control? Here:

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

One thing you could clarify, does it say "Passkey too short" or "Password too short"? They are not the same thing for the client.

There was a bug in the latest client install, it acts as if a password was set for connecting to FAHClient by Web Control or FAHControl. This is a default for remote FAHControl connections when it is used on a system to manage clients on other systems. But it is normally not used for local connections.

If it is looking for a Password and not a Passkey, about the only fix I know is a complete uninstall including data and the reinstall. Make a copy of your passkey first from the config.xml file. You may also want to copy usernam and team settings.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3