unknown enum error after finish

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mwroggenbuck

Re: unknown enum error after finish

Post by mwroggenbuck »

Hello Again,

Well, I am definitely on to something. Since I stared running the core process with the priority and affinity change, I have only had one failure. That was also in the AMD driver, not the ntdll.dll.

Again, I don't want any user to change their setup based on what I have written here, but I hope it helps the code maintainers.

Please send me a PM is you want more information. I'd be happy to answer any questions about what I have done.
mwroggenbuck

Post by mwroggenbuck »

Well, I just had an error after 100%, but it was an access violation, not an unknown enum. The client was able to send the "bad" work unit back to the system, so I guess I am making progress. :D

In any event, I am still doing much better than before. I just wish I knew why I seem to be the only one with this enum error after the job reaches 100% I will keep investigating if I think of anything else.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

There is another report of this after finish, in the case about 90 minutes after. That topic is here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35658, have not compared it to your error to see if it is exactly the same. Developer is aware of both topics and looking into this.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
mwroggenbuck

Post by mwroggenbuck »

If you need me to do anything to help debug, just let me know via PM. I will be glad to help if I can.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

JohnChodera in that other topic has asked for some debugging help.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
mwroggenbuck

Post by mwroggenbuck »

Hello all,

Well, I spoke too soon. In the last 24 hours, I have had 8 failures.

I will put more information (and all future communication) at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35658