Remote Client Access not Working from Mac

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Troug

Remote Client Access not Working from Mac

Post by Troug »

I have several different computers running F@H to include Windows, Linux, and Mac. I had them all setup to be controlled from one PC and had no issue while running 7.5.1 on all the machines. I have updated all of the clients to 7.6.13 and now when is attempt to connect to my Mac client computers they do not show up. I am attempting to control them from a Windows computer. I have tried to reset the remote settings on the Mac computers and restart the computers several times and still I do not see them. I have also tried to reinstall the 7.6.13 version of the software and still no change. I have tried to add one of the Mac computers as a remote client on a Mac and still do not get it to connect.

Any suggestions would be great.
ajm

Re: Remote Client Access not Working from Mac

Post by ajm »

I have encountered similar issues with a new (half experimental) router that changes the name it uses for designing the devices internally (adds "-1") when the network card or other pieces of hardware have changed. Internet still works normally, but some functions of the network are perturbed. I have then to disconnect the concerned machines from the network, force the router to acknowledge the disconnect and add them to the disconnected devices and then delete their names ("name" and "name-1") there. Then it works again.

With some configuration, I also had some trouble reconnecting to remote machines. What works every time is to enter the exact IP of the main machine in the Remote Access tab of the remote machine (instead of a mask). For convenience, I also give the remote machines an easy enough name and I connect to them using that name (Hostname) rather than their IP.