I changed my name (identity) and lost my points and WU’s.

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

M.A.R.F.

I changed my name (identity) and lost my points and WU’s.

Post by M.A.R.F. »

Good day ! My name is M.A.R.F., and I am part of the AVAST Team (Team 236,798).

I work with 3 computers and, on one of them, I just changed my name (from M.A.R.F.-1. to M.A.R.F.-1-Core2Duo.2.00GHz.) and, when I saved the change, I lost all my 21,739 points and 23 WUs. I returned my name to M.A.R.F.-1., but I still couldn't recover my points, nor my WU’s. Wouldn't it be possible for punctuation and WU’s to be linked to the IP Address, instead of being linked to the username (identity)?

Likewise, before perfecting my name (from M.A.R.F. to M.A.R.F.-1), I ended up leaving 512 points and 1 WU’s along the way, which were not used to compose my total score. Is there no way to take advantage of these points by adding them all to my IP Address, or new username ?
My computer (M.A.R.F.-1) took several days to complete a 5000 point WU. But, I don't know why, these points were not counted for my score. Can't you add them to it?

My other 2 computers, on the other hand, presented a great difference in the speed of processing WUs. I had named the one with the highest capacity (i5 - 3.1 GHz) of M.A.R.F.-2.; and the one with the lowest capacity of M.A.R.F.-3 (i5 – 2.6GHz). But I noticed that, strangely, M.A.R.F.-3. processed WU’s much faster than M.A.R.F.-2. So I decided to invert their names, so that the fastest name (3) was ahead of the slowest (2). However, both names and scores and WU’s have also been reversed. I understand that it would be better if the points and WU’s were tied to the IP addresses, and not to the names we give to our computers.

I’d like suggest that when we click the “See Stats”, the page shows all the number Projects we contributed. And all these Projects be a link to their descripton. Then we would know what we contributed.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: I changed my name (identity) and lost my points and WU’s

Post by Joe_H »

There is a long standing policy of the Folding@home project, once points have been earned by a specific username or team, they stay with that name and team. About the only exceptions made in the past were to void points for violations of the terms of use. That included installing the client on machines not owned by the user configured to contribute to them.

As for tying the points to IP address, that is completely unworkable as many if not most people donating their computer processing to F@h do not have fixed IP addresses. Points are in no way tied to the computer's name.

Your final suggestion has been made by others. Currently the stats database is just keeping up with the load connected with storing new results and reporting what stats it does provide. It would take a much, much more powerful system to provide that level of detail.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
aetch

Post by aetch »

There's a "Donor's Stats" page where you can get stats on every user. You can also use it to find usernames similar to what you're using.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donors
Folding Rigs - None (25-Jun-2022)

ImageImage
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

And don’t forget to get one passkey and install it on all your systems. For details please go here: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/passkey/
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net