Not receiving e-mail with passkey

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

sempervigilante

Not receiving e-mail with passkey

Post by sempervigilante »

Hey, hoping someone can help me -- I signed up to get a passkey, but when I submit the form, I don't receive the e-mail that it tells me I should. Anyone else had issues?
ChristianVirtual

Re: Not receiving e-mail with passkey

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Please have a look in your spam folder. It might ended up in there.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
sempervigilante

It is not in my junk folder. I definitely looked before going to the trouble of creating an account here.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Who owns your email server domain? (e.g.- what is xxxx if I'm at bruce@xxxx.com)
sempervigilante

My domain is one that I own, but mail is handled by a hosted Exchange server from Microsoft 365.
Knish

Post by Knish »

yep; there have been threads about ppl from MSFT emails having this issue. Best bet was to use a different account, if i remember right.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Is this the same email address that you registered with for the forum? If so we can pass it on to the person maintaining the passkey request site. They may be able to get this latest problem with email going to the MS Office365 site resolved, no idea how long it might take.

As mentioned, your best bet to get a passkey quickly would be to try requesting one to be emailed to another account.

Personally, my observations connected with the Office365 email are a bit negative at the moment. The university I work at is in the process of switching staff accounts to being hosted there, my department's were done just a few weeks ago. I already have had problems with receiving email from some sites that were not an issue before. That includes email from other departments at the university.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3