Integrated Mac GPU

Post requests to add new GPUs to the official whitelist here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Alyx312

Integrated Mac GPU

Post by Alyx312 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place because I'm not used to navigating this sort of forum, but I'm running a 2021 Macbook Pro, and when I try to add a slot for my GPU, I get "No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot 03: gpu:-1:-1. Disabling.", is there anything I can do to fix this? Looks like re-installing NVidia drivers worked for someone I found here, but I'm not on a NVidia GPU and I couldn't find any relevant info in that topic, if anyone knows how to fix this, that would be highly appreciated!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Integrated Mac GPU

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

Currently GPU folding is not supported on the macOS. But the GPU detection code is universal as the code in the client is the same across Windows, Linux, and macOS. However then it can not find either CUDA or OpenCL support which results in that message. You will not be able to enable a GPU slot.

Sometime in the future GP folding on macOS may be possible. But no guarantees or possibly timeline for that to happen. There are multiple items that would need to be developed and tested before this will be possible.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3